SWEET TEA

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy People


I read an interesting online article about Happy People and some of the traits they all shared.  I'm hoping we are all one of the "Happy People" in the new year!


  1. Happy people say YES more than they say NO.
  2. Happy people laugh, joke, and have a sense of humor.
  3. Happy people live with a feeling of Gratitude.
  4. Happy people speak well of others more often than not.
  5. Happy people Listen.
  6. Happy people believe in something and they let go of control.
  7. Happy people accept imperfections and are willing to forgive and move on.
  8. Happy people are of service to others and have positive expectations
  9. Happy people are detached from the approval of others.
  10. Happy people actively focus on health, exercise and work/life balance.
For me personally, I would have to add that "Happy People need some sunshine on a regular basis".
AND
that "Happy People have a relationship with God", but perhaps that's under the umbrella of #6.
Agree with the List?
Disagree?
Can you add something to this list?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

perfect list and I agree completely!

Terra said...

Your additions complete the list, especially about having a relationship with God.

marejohn said...

May I just say "AMEN" :)

Shelly said...

I think it is said perfectly with your addendums. Happy new year!

nancygrayce said...

I love it, although I will admit I have a problem with the whole letting go of control thing! I agree that a relationship with The Lord goes on that list!

Melanie said...

I agree with your additions and with the list. I would put your additions as being the most important on the list. Happiness is a choice though. There are plenty of reasons to be unhappy, I choose to be happy instead.

acorn hollow said...

I agree completely check out my last post.
Cathy

karen said...

Great list! I don't always have those traits, but I'm happy more often than not.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Great list and your additions are perfect. I think I might add.....even happy people sometimes feel sad and overwhelmed, but they recover quickly.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

That is a great list and I really like your additions, especially the last one!

yaya said...

I agree with the list, wish I had more of the list in me (although I do consider myself a happy person) and I would only add: Happy people have chocolate atleast once a day...just sayin.

NanaDiana said...

I agree- I think Happy people look for the Happy in all situations. There is nothing better than sharing a laugh with someone over some silly little thing.
I think the unexpected laugh coming from someone that seldom laughs is the best of all- xo Diana

Jeanie said...

I think it is a great list and a good reminder to all of us. I think some of the things on the list have come to me as I have gotten older, especially letting go of control.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...