SWEET TEA

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"Afterglow"

Today was a marathon shopping day.
Daughter and I headed out the door with our list in hand and I was determined not to come home until I had everything on my list marked off.  And, by Golly, we did it, with only one exception, but that's really close enough, so I count today as a huge
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

Along the way, Daughter asked, "Ya know what part of Christmas I like best?".

"What?" (I'm quick like that, with a witty reply.)

To which she answered, "the days right after Christmas, the ones where we go to movies, play games and eat all the snacks".

I totally agree with her.
It's a time when everyone seems to "pause" and bask in the afterglow of the hectic shopping, decorating, and time-consuming "stuff" that is pre-Christmas.

I think we've stumbled across a new family holiday, "Afterglow".

Remember, you heard it here first!  *wink

12 comments:

Mari said...

Congrats on successful shopping! I am heading out tomorrow. I'm done except for my boss and co-workers, which isn't easy.
I agree with the afterglow. :)

Rhona said...

Well done on getting the shopping done. I did something similar on Tuesday - still need to just go through everything and make sure I'm done. We also enjoy the days after Christmas when we can just relax - think we might use your name for it too, I like the idea of the afterglow :)

Janie Fox said...

I like it. It is Christmas night when everyhting is unwrapped , you can sit and gab and laugh and eat and know all is well. I have missed your friend!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I'm with you and it starts Christmas afternoon here- xo Diana

Cheri said...

I love your witty posts, Deb, and nothing like having a successful day. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Jeanie said...

I agree that the "Afterglow" is a special time....everything is just so busy before. Congrats on your post-shopping victory. I will feel the victory when I finish wrapping everything.

Deanna said...

I absolutely agree. The week after Christmas is my favorite time. That's part of the reason we don't decorate as early as many do. I don't want to be tired of all that until well after Christmas. Nothing better than sipping a cup of tea in the glow of the Christmas lights and knowing all the busy part of the season is over.

Wild Oregonian said...

I may never know this feeling. My Christmas shopping usually isn't done until a few days before Christmas. I kind of skid into it sideways!

Joyce said...

My sister has a birthday the day after Christmas and we always make a big deal of it. She insists : ) It's a fun day though to hang out and enjoy our peeps.

Congrats on finishing your shopping!

Mary said...

I agree with Daughter! Very jealous that you've got just about everything done!

yaya said...

You are my hero! I'm not quite done but I'm thinking this weekend will clinch it. I agree with the afterglow. I love the prep for Christmas but I do enjoy the quiet after that storm of activity. Have a peaceful weekend!

marejohn said...

Afterglow...yes, perfect! I am now officially "borrowing" that term (along with granddolls :) Hope ya don't mind!
Thank you very much! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...