SWEET TEA

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"That's sooooooo Cheesy!"

Today I met with friends
to celebrate a BFF's birthday.

One of my very favorite things to do is
to celebrate "people"!

I know it sounds "cheesy",
but everyone who is special to us,
in any way, should be celebrated, IMO,
and birthdays are the perfect time to do this.
Birthdays are not just for kids, ya know.

What would we do without the great
people God has gifted our life with?
I can't even imagine!
And who doesn't enjoy being celebrated?!

That said, I was so "in the moment"
enjoying the birthday celebration
that I forgot to take a photo.

I hope you each have special friends who
celebrate YOU on occasion.

"Happy Birthday special FRIEND!",
you know who you are.

(she reads my blog!)

Got a favorite way to celebrate birthdays
or a favorite birthday memory?


6 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

My bestie and I always treat each other on our bdays to breakfast and shopping at our favorite home decor store.

Cheri said...

Since we moved south I haven't been with family up north for any birthdays and my great awesome blogging friends got together this year and treated me to lunch and some wonderful gifts. I can't even begin to tell you how touched I was by their thoughtfulness.

KTW said...

My birthday has always been pretty lousy, I'm afraid. :( I'm not trying to sound pathetic or to gain sympathy...it's just a fact. I entered this world two days after Christmas. Everyone has already come down off that holiday high, no one wants more sweets (including birthday cake) and the partying mood has left the building. Even as a kid I had only one birthday party and that was for my 14th. We had it in November so it could be enjoyed. So no, I can't say I have a lot of great birthday memories of my own, but I have tried to celebrate my kids' birthdays with a lot more fanfare whenever possible.

Nonnie said...

My birthday happens in the month of May, the weather is usually just about perfect, and different friends make it special because they celebrate with me more than just the one day. My very best friend and I always do something really special and lots of times that is going to Canton, Texas for First Monday and just enjoying our friendship. We are all trying to get away from the gift-giving because at this stage of the game, having friends is the most precious gift of all.
Kelli, our son's birthday is 3 days before Christmas and you are right. It always gets somewhat smothered in Christmas no matter how hard we try not to.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday to your blog friend. That is a great way to celebrate a birthday.

yaya said...

I'm into celebrating but I'm trying to get away from the gifting. I truly need nothing..I'm trying to declutter! But I'll take a happy bday song, cake, smiles, hugs and perhaps a nice dinner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...