SWEET TEA

Saturday, June 9, 2012

June Mumble Jumble

Please fasten your seatbelts and roll
with my unrelated thoughts -
my brain is spinning today!

The Summer is unfolding fast and fun - my favorite time of the year.  Lots to do and see, but I plan for only one thing at a time - this plan keeps me sane and my family speaking to me (most of the time).


Now for a personal question - "Do you eat Hummus?".  I've been wanting to try it for sometime but each time I go to buy it there are so many varieties that I can't decide which to choose.  Finally I closed my eyes and chose one, "Roasted Pine Nut Hummus".  I found it to be OK, but the longer I ate it the better I liked it.  I ate it with Fritos so I think that negated all the health benefits. I'm told the proper way to eat it is with chopped veggies. 
Bummer!

Look what's in my backyard!
These make my heart sing Barry Manilow hits.
I think it's a sight/sensory condition.


The family newlyweds have been here the past couple of days.  It's great to be in the presence of new love - all smiles and stolen kisses.   The only kink was the fact that our spoiled rotten pooch, Boudxy, doesn't like my son, and the feeling was mutual between the two.  They did finally find a mode of general tolerance for each other though.  Geesh, there was some noisy barking in our house for a while, then my son finally settled down.  *wink


Just FYI, for the price of a movie ticket you can tickle your funnybone by going to see "Bernie".  What a pleasant surprise this was.  It was a HOOT!  The entire theater laughed through the entire thing, and be sure to stay while the credits role for some exra fun.  This tip is free.  You'll thank me later.

Please note - I've had company so am behind on visiting blogs.  I miss you and will be by to say "Hello" on Sunday afternoon, "the good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise"!





22 comments:

Handsome's wife said...

I love hummus. I usually eat mine with Pita chips. Yum! Happy Summer to you!

Nonnie said...

I've made hummus a couple of times. Soooo good with warm pita bread. If you have a California Pizza nearby, they serve delicious hummus with pita bread.

Debbiedoos said...

I love me some hummus, and it is great with pita chips!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

No I have not tried it but like you have wanted to.
Now I guess I will have to.
Hope your son has quietened down a little. lol
Take care honey and enjoy the weekend.
Love
Maggie

My Mind's Eye said...

We love hummus...and as a matter of fact we had some last night. Our favorite place to eat it is at Neomonde, a locally owned Lebanese
Cafe and Deli. We just eat plain hummus with their freshly baked pita bread...it would make your heart sing Barry Manilow songs too. MOL

Too funny about your resident K9 and son. Madi and my daughter have agreed to disagree too. Daughter was first Diva and thus when she and sil are visiting her status is reinstated. Madi hissy at her every time she passes by and my daughter (40 yo) hisses back it is hilarious!! Daughter is a cat lover and has a cat.
Hugs C and enjoy your company.

Deanna said...

Yes, I like hummus. In fact, I ought to make some again soon. :) Thanks for the movie suggestion. I love a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

I love Hummus and buy the same brand! I like the roasted red peeper hummus made that brand, its very good, I'll have to try this one with pine nuts.It must be lovely to have the newly weds with you , sorry about the dog not liking your son, always something huh,

Jeanie said...

I do like hummus, at least most kinds. Some of the garlic ones are a little to garlicky for me.
Thanks for the movie suggestion...I have been looking gor a good one to go to.

acorn hollow said...

I love hummus I like the roasted red pepper yummm.
I do like it with veggies but your favorite cracker works.
Cathy

Shelly said...

Yeppers- another hummus lover here! Your summer is off to a rip roaring start!

Chatty Crone said...

I love hummus - but I am very picky about which ones I like - I like the plain or plain and garlic. Lol.
sandie

karen said...

YES I eat hummus. I love the stuff - especially the kind you have pictured that has pine nuts and extra olive oil on the top. Soooo delicious. I have some mini pita rounds that I love to dip into it with, but veggies are good too. Another good one is roasted red pepper hummus.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I'm a big hummus fan and you picked a good choice-- It's hard to find but if you spot the Sabra brand with lemon, gig fit a try too. It's nice and light. I eat (way too much of it) mine with pita chips. yum.

NanaDiana said...

Well, being the weirdo that I am I am not a big hummus fan. It's okay but I am not in LOVE with it. I think it is the name...lol

Sounds like you have been a busy girl~ xo Diana

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Hummus is definitely an acquired taste. I like it...but not so sure at first. It is great on toasted or warm pita triangles or chips.

Sunny Simple Life said...

I am a hummus fan but not if it has any garlic in it. I always love to read your posts. I usually crack up a time or two.

Sandra said...

I actually make my own garlic hummus, which is so easy to make :)

And the right way to eat hummus is actually with pita bread, that's what my middle eastern friend told me LOL

Hope you're having a great Sunday.

Cheri said...

My one daughter got me to eat Hummus and we get that same brand but the roasted red pepper and eat it with Mission taco chips which probably isn't much better than fritos. LOL

yaya said...

I like hummus too...I like fritos too...but I think I would like the hummus with the veggies better..have a great busy week!

Beth J said...

Tried Hummus with roasted red peppers because I always heard about it on the web. Ate it with celery, way too bland, not for me. My husband and son would not even try it. Finally threw it out. Definitely should have tried it with fritos. Kind of like the Sonic "anything is better with chili" idea ...
Glad you had company! Fun!!!

Jill of All Trades said...

Ummm, hummus...yummy stuff. Love it with pita bread or celery.

Joy Tilton said...

The peanut butter is the only thing "safe" in my pantry... hate the stuff. Nutella is another story! I've been gone on vacation so I'm missing all my blogs. I have a diet secret that I will share (that's not to say I have my appetite under control) I eat hummus or other dips with a skinny pretzel stick so I don't get too much on each one. If you count the serving of pretzels, usually about 15 then it's an under 200 cal. splurge! I'm a bad girl... cannot do without or I get MEAN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...