SWEET TEA

Friday, May 25, 2012

Stepping in "it"!

Mom and I on Mother's Day
5/13/12

"Thank you God for my Mother"
~Amen

* * * * * * * * * * * *

We were in Tulsa on Mother's Day
so I got to have a nice, long, visit
with my Mom.
I gave her a Mother's Day gift,
then Princess gave her a gift which
she had bought for her, using her own
money - a cactus plant which
had a lovely red bloom on it.
(Mom has a collection of
of cactus.)

Mom laughed when she read the label
on the cactus container.
Do you see it?
"Old Lady Cactus"
There was a time when she would not
have found this funny, but not
on this day.  Whew!

Neither Princess, nor I, had noticed
the name of the cactus.
Talk about "stepping in it" - we did!
Had I noticed I would have marked
through it with a marker!

"Sometimes the best of intentions . . ."



16 comments:

Parsley said...

That's a precious memory now and will always make you giggle.

Shelly said...

That's priceless-

Joy Tilton said...

That's funny! My Mom's the same, she used to say OA code for "old age!" Stepping in it is one of the things I do best! Have a great weekend...

Lisalulu said...

I KNOW exactly what you are saying, and it doesn't just go for mentioning her age (which by the way is 85). Whenever we give her something to wear, we have to cut out the size label,heaven forbid it say L and not S like she thinks she is.

Cheri said...

Your mom has a lovely sense of humor. Well I see where you get your youthful good looks from. Have a wonderful weekend.

Joyce said...

Ha-I'm glad your mom found it funny. I'm wondering if mine would? My mother in law would love it!

Jeanie said...

This is where the adage "it's the though that counts" comes in.
You guys will laugh about this for a long time.

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL
Wonder where in the world it got that nsme?
I tend to over water cauti. If you ever see one named 'do not kill me old lady' buy it!

Madi says to tell you mint julep,
Hugs
Madi and mom

My Mind's Eye said...

I goggled old lady cactus
It got the name from the white hair on it. Info sai some have longer hair than others
C

nancygrayce said...

That's funny that your mom noticed that! I wouldn't have thought to look beyond the main name. My mother would have loved that!

Linda said...

Well, it's the THOUGHT that counts!!!

Marsha Young said...

Sometimes even the BEST intentions go astray, or almost ... :)

marejohn said...

SO wonderful!! You have one more special memory that you will treasure. My mom would have LOVED that cactus! SO fun!

Angie said...

Thank goodness for a good sense of humor. I hope it will be a fond memory years from now. :)

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH- How funny is that?!?!?! I'm glad your Mom thought it was funny, too! xo Diana

Anonymous said...

oh that would be a surprised, what a beautiful photo, great memories you are making, thankyou soooo much for finding my blog, I missed you, your inspiration and always funny posts make my day, you always tell it like it is, I like that.Have a super weekend,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...