SWEET TEA

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Can we talk?

I just need to talk.

Paula Deen
the "Butter Queen".
Do you feel duped? 
I do.
Why did she disclose her diabetes only when she stood to profit from it? 
Does she really think we can't see through her flimsy reason of wanting to deal with it privately before sharing the information?  The key word is "deal".  She shared it when she got a "deal" to make a buck.  When one builds an empire for oneself is it ever time to say, "enough".  What a great spokesperson she COULD have been for the cause of diabetes if she had "come out", changed her ways, and helped people find a better way to cook/eat, rather than "outing herself" just to make more $$$$.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Demi Moore

Once again what Mama taught us is right, "Money can't buy happiness".  It can buy new boobs and a new face but it can't fix how we feel about ourself deep within.  Hollywood women enjoy lots of the things money can buy but I find it very sad when love for themself and love from others becomes dependent entirely on looks.  Would my husband love me less if I gained 20 lbs?  Would my photo be splashed all across TV and magazines if I had a "muffin top"?  That must be very hard.  I hope she gets the help and love she needs to get back on track with her life. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I've been walking in the park...a lot.
Princess loaded my ipod with music and it has sure helped the with the boredom as I make my way around and around and around the park.  It would be easy to scare small children and serious walkers who observe me.  I listen to some old Amy Grant music and talk to God and I must remember  not to talk out loud.  And if I'd get some decent walking clothes that would be a plus too, rather than the old ratty clothes I wear to sweat in.  I do look pretty scary and my behavior isn't helping.  Got to work on it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Remember yesterdays post about the huge rooster?
Here's a follow-up:

Shreveport, LA(KSLA)- A nine-foot-tall statue of a rooster stands at the corner of Hope and Texas Street.  "I really enjoy it," says one driver.  Seemingly daring you to ask the question "Why is the chicken there? That's a good question." 
The answer is just as good.
"Just for conversation, attract attention here."
The proud owner, Jack Lamb says he didn't really have a good reason, but he did have a goal.
"Often I'll just park over here and I'll watch people, kids will wave at it," says Jack.

"Only in Louisiana."  ~SWEET TEA

Thanks for listening.
I feel so much better now.

22 comments:

Shelly said...

I love me some old school Amy Grant. I have all of My Father's Eyes on my Ipod. And you're right- I am very concerned for Demi's life. I do hope she gets things straightened out.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Poor Demi. I remember her from her General Hospital days. I hope she finds peace.

I'm not a Paula Deen fan...so...I don't pay much attention to what's going on with her.

I think you should talk to God out loud every now and then while they're looking...lol

Sush said...

Perfect time to commune with God while walking and enjoying His blessings! You go girl!
Hugs~

KTW said...

I pay so little attention to the goings-on with most celebrities that I really have no idea what's going on with Paula other than the announcement she is diabetic. Demi looks terrible and I hope she can get healthy again. And the rooster? I knew it! One of those 'Just For Fun' things! Cool. :)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

The only Paula Deen I ever see is her photo on the covers of her magazines. They all are of the same wide eyed and beautiful white toothy smiles. Otherwise, I don't watch her on tv or pay much attention to her. She should have come clean about her diabetes. Demi Moore has really gotten herself in a mess. I hope she gets the help she needs. Being too skinny is worse than being overweight IMO.

Unknown said...

Gotta love me so Amy Grant! My husband and I played her all the time in the car when our girls were growing up to the point that they say now (they are grown now) that when they were little they didn't think there was any other music beside Amy!!!! :)

Susie said...

That chicken story is a hoot. I pray walking up and down the driveway...I catch myself praying out load..Goodness what do my neighbors think LOL. Money won't buy the things we need most in life, our health, love, true friends. P.Dean...can only take so much of that voice,please...Sure she'll write a bunch of healthy diabetes cookbooks now. I saw her in person on the tonight show..she was going to deepfry mac and cheese(WHY?)Jay Leno told her her voice sound like a cat.LOL. Smiles to you , Susie

Rae said...

I'm in agreement with you on the Paula Deen thing. I was a fan and now I feel letdown by it all. She took the money and ran with it. It think it is going to come back to bite her. I am new to your blog. I enjoyed my visit.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I am of the mind that Paula Dean did not owe it to us to announce her medical issues. Having said that, I do agree that annoucing it when you're wanting to sell a drug is poor taste.

I like Demi, but I think that woman has had major issues for a long time. We know she has an addictive personality. Looks like she's gone from major drugs to the more juvinile ones. Also, from the Entertainment press, she's been out partying at youth events like Miley Cyrus's birthday party. Seriously? Don't ya just want to tell her she has nothing to prove. I did hear that Jennifer Anniston sent her flowers. That woman knows someting about husband's behaving badly too. Like you, I can't imagine that pressure.

Chatty Crone said...

Well I feel bad for Demi - she is so thin. I remember her from General Hospital too. And I like Paula Dean - I haven't heard much yet about the diabetes issue. Love, sandie

Jill said...

I wouldn't worry at all how you look when exercising, sweat shouldn't be pretty anyway, lol. What's important is how you feel!

I am not at all surprised Paula dean has diabetes with the food she eats. :-(

I would never want to face the pressures these stars do. I have a husband that loves me no matter my size and I wouldn't trade that for any amount of money!

Have a great night!

Blessings,
Jill

My Mind's Eye said...

My assistant had to take my Grandmapeep to the dr. today we are soooooooo late.
Mom and I 200% agree with you about the Queen of Butter and Sugar. Thank goodness Mom and I learned a long time ago everything should be done in moderation!!
Hugs M&M

Handsome's wife said...

It is so true about happiness and money. I think it's very sad, to be so unhappy.

Bobbie said...

That was a lot of stuff to think about... I agree about Paula Dean. Seriously.. is there anyone out there that's not all about more and more Money?? I love Amy Grant... the Demi situation is very sad. It seems very few 'stars' live a contented life :-(

yaya said...

Congrats on the walking! I love to walk but my knees are a bit mad about it..and they let me know! Demi needs to get over herself..everyone, and I mean everyone gets older..our bodies change and hopefully we change for the better with them. She has talent and looks and she should also start to focus on doing things for others instead of worrying about that loser she married..he's the one with the problem! Money won't buy you happiness, make diabetes go away, or stop the clock. Maybe someone should tweet that to Hollywood..or to food network!

karen said...

I guess I'm not mad about Paula Deen because I was never under any illusion that eating butter and cream in everything was healthy. I love her cooking - but only once in awhile. So, if I didn't listen to her blather on about the butter and cream, I'm surely not going to listen to her acting all concerned about the folks with diabetes. If anyone thought they could eat like that and live a long life, they should have read more. I feel bad for Demi - a bad self-image is tough to survive, and Hollywood eats its young. Walking is wonderful! Way to go - it's a great time for meditation and seeking wisdom. And if you talk out loud a little bit - MEH - the little children will get over it.

CalamityJr said...

My husband will be an insulin dependent diabetic for 51 years next month, and believe me, Paula Deen's behavior is not sitting well with him, either! Thanks for sharing your feelings.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I am so with you on Paula Dean. I yiyi-- If she doesn't have a pound of butter in a recipe she'll call it a salad!
Shame on her for back-tracking with her "I preach moderation" line. Not!
jj

Nel said...

Just give me some Amy Grant and let's forget about the rest. lol. I saw her at the Women of Faith Concert. She still can put on a good concert and she told some funny stories. She is a hoot!
until next time... nel

Joy Tilton said...

I don't think Paula Deen is any different from the rest of us. You go along living your life and then the rug gets pulled out from under you. You just get up, put a bandaid on and keep going. She makes her living with food, so that will not change. Demi's problems can't be solved with medicine and that's really sad. Taking care of ourselves, top priority!

nancygrayce said...

Hold on! You don't have a muffin top????? I've been walking o.k. just for a week and it was too cold today.....but I have a little too much around the middle portion of my body.

But I agree about Paula and Demi.....

O.K. gotta go do sit ups!

Mary said...

Thanks for the update on that chicken! I've been wondering about it; that guy must have a whole lot of time on his hand!
Paula, Paula, Paula. Of course she's a diabetic; anyone who didn't see it coming wasn't paying much attention.
Nothing wrong with singing out loud while you're walking in the park! (You'd just become known as the crazy possible homeless lady---I read the Wendy's post-- walking in the park!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...