SWEET TEA

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"B" is for Better. (better than a "C")

Edited at 4:10 pm to add -I'm hearing rumors about Google
and our Followers.  I'm not
sure what this all means.
Please fill me in - I don't want to
lose contact with you!!


Tomorrow we get a fresh page on our
calendar; a new beginning of sorts.
Remember when I gave my Girl
Scout pledge regarding some goals
for this year?  Here's how I'm doing,
honestly.


. . .to Read my Bible more .
This is probably my most important goal
and I'm happy to report I'm reading
the book of Exodus, wandering
with the Israelites on the way to the
Promised Land.  Not only am I doing
this - I am totally ENJOYING the read.
YES!!

...to have friends into my home more.
Did it!
Had a Dinner Party/Game Night
with some of my favorite friends.
LOVED IT!  Don't know why
I let this slide before.

...to eat healthier.
Plugging along, doing much better
than before setting this goal.
This doesn't mean we're eating
totally healthy, but we are eating
health-IER.

...to take my vitamins and calcium daily.
"Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me!"
This has been the easiest goal
to meet. 


...to read a book occasionally,
not just blogs.

Umm...eeerrrr...
Tanked on this one for the month.
I went to the library - found a great book,
but have lacked the discipline to actually
turn off the TV and read.
I will do better next month.  I will.

...to lose some weight
and keep it off this time.

I AM working on this but the weight
is not coming off nearly liked
I'd hoped.  *sigh*
Frustrated a bit. 



I'd say my grade for February
is yet again a "B".
I'm pleased, yet there is
still room for improvement.

How are you doing with your goals?

12 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

WTG we are happy to read your successes!! Mom is hoping March doesn't come in like a lamb otherwise it will go out like a lion and she is ready for spring.
Hugs Madi

Shelly said...

You're doing a great job. I've done well with some of my goals, and made no progress on others.

NanaDiana said...

Sounds like your goals are being met on most levels. My own was to not eat sugar or flour..so far..so good...and the weight is coming off. xo Diana

Delena said...

I have not had a soda pop since September 25th. That is big for me!

Mindy said...

As soon as I read your victory about vitamins and calcium, I jumped up, ran to the bathroom and took my calcium. WHY DO I FORGET something that is SO important to my health? UGH! Thanks for the reminder.

Congrats on your B, that's still above average. :)

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

thats good that you accomplished the B's.

I would love to hear from you and get some insight from you on my blogs. thanks in advance and may god bless you

Jill said...

Your doing a great job!! Every little bit helps and is a step in the right direction :-)

Not sure if you are on Facebook or not but I wanted to give you a link to my like blog page there. https://www.facebook.com/pages/blessings-of-a-stay-at-home-mom/290493937679981

With google going out tomorrow I don't want to lose contact with everyone :-)

Have a great night!

Blessings,
Jill

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Well honey I wish I could say I would get a B but not so.
You are doing a lot better than me.
I am though reading a lot more and my TV is own now hardly ever so that part I am passing others not so good.
Keep up the good work.
Love ya
Maggie

karen said...

The weight thing is the hardest for me. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 58, and I take a lot of medication for a chronic condition. I am probably eating less, eating healthier, and exercising more than any other time in my life. And the extra pounds just sit there and laugh in my face. I'm a little perplexed.

yaya said...

Bravo for a B! You are inspiring me to try harder for sure. I'm on the weight loss trek. It's coming off very slow but I'm down 17lbs. and hopefully will get many more off before the end of the year. Well, I'll be happy with "any" more even if it's not "many" more!

Annesphamily said...

I take my vitamins too with Calcium! It is easy to do! I have similar goals for the 2012 year like you do! I need warm weather to get back into walking! We are hoping to get some bicycles this Spring too! Keep up the good work!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I should have read this post first! :)

You're doing great! I wish I was doing as well.....I am reading the Bible more......trying (not so hard) to lose a few lbs.

It's not easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...