SWEET TEA

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sometimes the best of plans. . .

Today was "one of those days".
The phone rang and then rang some more,
like we had friends or somethin'.

I thought I'd be nice and fix Mister
a little somethin' special for dinner
tonight - Dessert!
Let me begin by saying,
I was distracted.  OK?!

Me:  "Darn!  I forgot to set the oven timer!"
         (pulling hot pan from oven)

Princess: (peering over my shoulder)
              "It looks OK. . .Good cornbread".

Me:   "It's NOT cornbread."



"It's Lemon Bars".


Powdered sugar covers a multitude of sins.


Wah-Lah!
"Cajun Lemon Bars!".
(that sounds much better than
Blackened Lemon Bars, doncha' think?)

Mister will never know the difference.
This is Louisiana, ya know.


13 comments:

Mari said...

Ha! Good thinking. :)
Happens to the best of us~!

Mindy said...

Oh, I wish I woulda' known years ago about southern traditions, I could have been claiming Cajun ancestry instead of just being a cook who often burns things. People say I worship my hubby because I offer him burnt sacrifices. :)

Love the coverup!

Nel said...

I love your posts, you always make me chuckle! Thanks for sharing!

until next time... nel

Chatty Crone said...

We went to see the movie - How Does She Do That - yesterday - and she did the same thing with apple pie! teehee

He'll never know.

Sandie

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL I made Blacken rice the other night and I'm not even in Louisana...I just forgot to turn the eye down!!
Hugs C

NanaDiana said...

LOL- I made cajun oatmeal the other morning...nothing like it in the world (thank the good Lord)...I should have put confectionery's sugar on top! xo Diana

Lisa said...

I think your lemon bars look yummy - and aren't you a good wife to do that?!!

Sush said...

Yes...as a compadre in all things Louisiana...powdered sugar hides a million dings...and a little bourbon sauce can do the job as well!

Hugs~

Sush said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nancygrayce said...

I love calling them blackened lemon bars! I wish I had one right now! :)

Abi's Blog said...

Hmmm, guess my pizza tonight was cajun as well...:) I do have a good husband - he never complains..
:)
Blessings,
Ava

karen said...

Oh honey - I don't think you CAN ruin lemon bars, can you? They're my favorite!

yaya said...

They look yummy...we have a special "black bottom" cookie that rears it's ugly head every so often..no amount of xsugar will fix them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...