SWEET TEA

Thursday, July 21, 2011

7 Things about Moi'


7 Things about Moi'


1.  I can make "Slap Yo MaMa Chicken Fried Steak".
     My husband always asks for it for his b-day
     and when our youngest son visits he ALWAYS
     has me make it, even if it's for Christmas Dinner.

2.  I'm a Germaphoeb.
     I admit it.  I accept it.
     You'll just have to love me in spite of myself.

3.  I'm a late bloomer.  Always have been.

4.  A favorite "thang" - clean, soft, 100%
     cotton pj's; a fresh pair every night.

5.  Hate to travel - but love to see & enjoy
     new places.  (It makes sense to me.)

6.  I'm a Fainter. (it's a needle "thang")
     I have fainted in elevators, on sidewalks,
     in public restrooms, at school, etc.

7.  Isaiah 40:31,  my favorite scripture
     But they that wait upon the LORD shall
     renew their strength; they shall mount up with
    wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary;
    and they shall walk, and not faint.


Thank you to my wonderful, somewhat new friends,  Just Stuff From a Boomer and This Gioia's Chronicles.
One of the beauties of blogging is the wonderful people you met along the way. I'm so happy to be getting acquianted with these gals.  If you don't know them then you'll want to hop to their Blog and Follow them along their Blog path.  It's a great journey!
The game is fun - Take the idea and the button if you will, you Sweet Thang you, and share your 7 facts with all of Bloggyville.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Agree totally with #5! Why can't they just bring all those sights to ME??

Sush said...

Hmmm, I think you've hit on something with #5, I too hate to travel, but love the destination. But then before three back surgeries I loved the travel too!

Hugs~

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I understand the travel thing. I hate to fly but I love to go so I'll white knuckle it to get there.

I have to say, even after living in the south for 2 years in S.C. and 2 here in N.C., I have never had chicken fried steak. I'm afraid what I try will not be "slap your Mama" good though.

Great list. I could relate to a lot of it.

My Mind's Eye said...

8th thing about you....
You are hilarious!!! #1 cracked me up. As for germs I'm right that there with you. I've used so much anitbacterial hand sanitizer I just hope and pray I never find out it is harmful.
Hugs C

Bobbie said...

I know so much more about you now! And the germ thing... Any food that touches the counter, table or anywhere besides a clean plate is garbage to me. If we're at a restaurant don't dare put my silverware on the table without a napkin underneath it!!

yaya said...

Thanks for sharing your 5 "thangs"...your fav scripture is one of my hubby's and I understand fainting with needles. In my line of work I see it happen..however I'm trying to figure out why it happens to you in a public restroom? Now that's worth writing about!

Jeanie said...

Well, I have to love anyone who can make "Slap Yo MaMa Chicken Fried Steak". I'll bet it is finger-lickin good.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm getting chill bumps here. You have seven things about yourself, I am the seventh one to comment, and I want to say something about #7...thats a Biblical number. Anyway, well, explain to me, Missy how # 6 works with #7, LOL. But, I do love your verse as well. My favorite (because you didn't ask, but I'm sure you want to know, LOL) is 2Chronicles 16:9; "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

Anonymous said...

Oh, beans! I was number 8!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Nice to know...
You really faint?...
hard for the NURSE in me to understand....Ha.

Thanks for sharing...
xoxo~Kathy @
sweet Up-North Mornings...

Jill said...

Sounds like some interesting chicken! LOL I too am a germaphobe and I faint pretty easily...looks like we have a few things in common! :-)But I like really traveling and wish I could more!;-)

Have a great night!

Blessings,
Jill

Unknown said...

That's my favorite scripture too! I want your recipe. J will love me forever!!! I loved your honesty!

Kimmy said...

Love this!! Now...I guess I have to get on the ball and make up my list that everyone doesn't already know about me :o)

Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

Thanks for sharing all of those! I have only fainted once in my life, I am so not a germaphobe, and I've never made that chicken dish! Plus, I love to travel, "it's the journey.... and all that". And still, we are drawn to one another as friends - I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...