SWEET TEA

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Panties in a bunch!


awk-WARD!                              
                       
I was always taught the height of manners was to make those in your presence feel comfortable. 
Obviously that sentiment doesn't fly in the Palace.  Oh, and whatever you do don't speak
to the Queen unless she speaks to you first. 
"Are you kidding me?"
And, her children are not allowed to refer to her as their Mother. (?)
"Is this true?"  (I heard that on TV)




I love to think of royalty as Disney portrays them, singing and smiling with birds fluttering about.  I don't like to think of them as snooty and bound by antiquaited rules that separate them from the very people they are to represent.  She is the Queen because of nothing she has done, but because of the luck of her birth.

SHE IS NOT GOD!
                'Nuff Said.          
Yes, I do have my southern panties
in a bit of a bunch!!

.

10 comments:

Parsley said...

Snooty is, is snooty does. I don't get 'royality'. I too like to think of sweet kind princesses who pet the little animals and love everyone as they are her equal. Fantasy is better.

Mom24 said...

Well said! I thought the exact same thing, isn't the ultimate in good manners making people feel comfortable? Should be.

Susan said...

My idea of royalty was Princess Di. She knew how it should be done, but look what it got her. Concerning that "bunch", shucks...just make sure no ones ah watchin' and give a good old tug. Works every time. Have a great week!

Skoots1moM said...

i'm sorry...i can't hear what he's saying because your music is playing...

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am glad someone else thought this was crazy. Griefus...who does she think she is?

Unknown said...

I agree w/ Susan. Princess Di was regal, but human. Queen Elizabeth seems like a puppet.

Kimmy said...

She is quite different, huh?! I do wonder people's manners and how such people could be so rude. It really strikes me odd. If only people could be NICE and RESPECTFUL, the world would really be a better place. Honestly, it's not hard. It's like some people put more effort in being rude than anything else. Shame on them!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Too many rules for me. I agree with Susan. Princess Diana was an approachable princess. That got the royal unders in a bunch didn't it?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute post and thanks so much for visiting my blog!

momof3girls said...

La-la-la-la oh, excuse me-are you trying to talk? I think manners are important, but if someone else is not aware of a rule or procedure of how things are done. It isn't polite to let them know or point it out on the world stage. I always think it is touching to hear how someone famous was polite or ungraciously kind to someone that could not "do" anything for them in return. I think that is why I am such a fan of Garth Brooks!

I guess that is what the royal family has lacked, a sense of grace or respect of mankind in general. It does not matter if you fight to save the enviroment if you can not tolerate the other people who live on the planet as well. That spark of kindness is what made Princess Diana the people's princess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...