SWEET TEA

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You know you're old when . . .

Yesterday Hubs and I drove through McDonald's,
per Princess request, that we bring her
home a burger.
Imagine our surprise when we were
greeted at the drive-through with
"Welcome to McDonald's
would you like to try our
Fruit & Maple Oatmeal?"



At 6:30 in the evening?
Are you kidding me?


You know you're old
when they offer you oatmeal at the drive-through
at dinner time.


(turned out to be a pre-recorded
message meant for 6:30 AM)


8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's your story and you're sticking to it, huh?

Nancy said...

They are always offering something...one of these days I'm gonna say, "Sure I'm interested if you're offering for free!" That oughta shut 'em up...fer a minit!

Anonymous said...

I like Nancy's idea! Actually, as a kid my mom was always stuffing me with oatmeal, which I hated. But now, I'm looking at 59 and for some horrible reason I have decided I love oatmeal!!! Imagine that, hmmm...

Unknown said...

Hard to crave oatmeal especially when smelling french fries.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

LOL...and it is actually very good. I have gotten it a time or two....but ours does not serve it after 10:30.

momof3girls said...

to funny! They were probably just trying to push the oatmeal this month, and somebody who usually works the morning shift got called in on the holiday weekend to fill in for somebody else! Too funny! At least they did not ask if you wanted the sr discount!

Robin said...

Actually, they do serve it all day long and it's absolutely delicious! I may have even bought 4 orders of them since Tuesday and may have been eating them for breakfast and dinner too! LOL

Janet, said...

I guess I'm getting old. Their oatmeal is delicious! I'm glad they are offering something besides their fattening sausage biscuits for breakfast now, not that I eat breakfast there or anything. Stopped eating those biscuits quite a few years ago, even though they are yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...