SWEET TEA

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Score one for Mom!

Photobucket
I've spent some time lurking around your Blogs
and I.Love.What.I.Am.Seeing.
Your homes are beautifully decorated
and ready for Christmas.
You make me feel so inferior so inspired.

I must confess however, there is nary a
Christmas bell, bauble, or bulb
in my entire house.
We've had 2 recent birthdays within
our household, as well as a major church
function (which I organize)
and I am tired.

Not to worry.
Today I said to Princess,
"Would you like to invite your boyfriend over
and the two of you could decorate our
Christmas Tree?"

"Why yes!", she thought that would be fun.


Photobucket
"I'm one Smart (Christmas) Cookie!"

Merry Christmas All!!

11 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, how jealous I am that you are so smart to think of that! I haven't started decorating yet, either. High school football just ended last week; I'm still trying to recuperate from the season + work is really crazy this time of year. I need to get motivated this weekend!

Mimi said...

I bet the tree will look great!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Joyce said...

Well, I'm decorated but that's about it. And for some reason this year I am lacking motivation for the shopping, baking, wrapping.

Good thinking on the tree : )

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I can't wait to see it. I am not posting mine until Sunday...that is the day of my big Open House for Rock Mills.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, that's so great! My tree isn't up, most gifts are not bought! I'm so behind and I'm not sure I'll be catching up! :)

Unknown said...

You are indeed the mom bomb! How come I never thought of that? Oh, that's right--I'm too OCD!

Susan said...

I thought I was the only one that hadn't decorated yet. I keep thinking it is later in the month and that I don't have time. Oh well, we will see. Be sure and post pictures of the tree!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Now that's the Christmas spirit girl...and usin' the old noggin' too!!! I'm just wonderin'...why the heck didn't I think of that????

God bless ya'll and may you Christmas be filled with the laughter of friends, the love of family and fudge baby, heaps of rich delicious fudge!!!

Mary said...

I'm starting to get worried about you. Are you & Princess okay?

Unknown said...

Hey! Where are you????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...