SWEET TEA

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Please come back to visit me.

I have been AWOL.
Please forgive me and come back
to visit sometime.
Midst all the busy-ness I had
decided to forego my Blog.
But, no-can-do,
I miss you too much.
So please give me another chance.
Pretty please.
I crave   need my Followers
and I miss you terribly.

I've been away on my annual
Girl's Get-a-way Trip.
This year we went to Captiva Island, Fl.
Here are some of my fav take-away memories -


The molestation of John Wayne.


Teeny Tiny size 2 (we hate her) wants to eat
the biggest burger on the menu.


The restaurant was on Periwinkle Street.


You just had to "be there" to truly
enjoy this moment.


Lush!


I'd like to say I PARASAILED!
but actually it was two others in our group.


Pajama Party.


Even a little bit of time for R & R.

I am 61 years old and my advice to you is
"Never Stop Being Silly"
Find time to laugh.
Cultivate friendships.
Do it today.

All these friends are friends I have made online.
Amazing!









18 comments:

DKG aka Scrappy Doo said...

some great shots. Looks like John Wayne was havin fun:-0

nancygrayce said...

I thought the same thing about John Wayne! What a fun trip.....I'm wondering where Captiva Island is..this native Florida girl thinks that sounds really good! The picture of the chairs on the beach is priceless....it would be beautiful framed!

Mary said...

Looks like y'all had an amazing time! Missed ya!

Kat said...

What a wonderful trip. Looks like you had loads of fun - good for you! I agree, that shot of the chairs on the beach is just beautiful. Kat

Unknown said...

That's what I call fun! The pajama party had to be like being giggling teenager girls all over again. Did you all tee pee anyone's room??

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how fun! Glad you had a fun time at your getaway! Welcome back -- missed you!

Joyce said...

Looks like you had a fantastic get away...welcome back!

Robin said...

Oh my goodness! SO MUCH FUN!!!!! It looks like y'all had a fantabulous time!

Glad you are back! I've missed you!

{{{HUGS}}}

KTW said...

I've missed you! Glad you're back. :) But it sure looks like you had an amazing time on your getaway! Looks like Mr. Wayne enjoyed it, too! LOL! Some of my very best buddies I met online and a few of them I've never even met face to face even yet, but our friendships have endured for a dozen years so far. :)

I Wonder Wye said...

OMGosh -- I adore Captiva Island~! Went there for a family vacation and still have the shells I collected from decades ago (I am 52)...came by to visit because I drink a lot of sweet tea!!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love Captiva Island. We used to go there and to Sanibel every year on vacation. Your pictures brought back some great memories. I am glad you had fun....loved the John Wayne shot. Glad you are back...I have missed you.

Jill of All Trades said...

Great pictures...don't worry we're here waiting patiently!

Susan said...

Looks like you had a blast. Not to worry, we are still out there. I just got back from a week's vacation and I missed all my bloggy buddies, too. How fun it must have been to have met them in person. Glad you are back!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your post and glad you are back. Looks like you had a wonderful fun time!
until next time... nel

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Looks like you have been having fun! Welcome Back!

Unknown said...

Looks like a hoot! And soooo glad you're back! Been missing ya!

Anonymous said...

How much fun! I'm thrilled you had such a great time on your trip!

Lori said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Never stop acting silly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...