SWEET TEA

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Remembering Kramer.

My sweet Kramer never fully recovered from
the stroke he had over a week ago. 
He had a rough day on Sunday and died
in my arms in the wee hours of the night.
In memoriam of my friend for 15 years
I want to share this TRUE story with you.




Kramer was a rescue dog.
I adopted him after our 3
older kids had married
or moved out to attend college.
He became my baby and filled
the void that was in my empty
nest...Fast forward to three years
later.  Our oldest daughter had
her first child - our first grand
child.  You can just imagine all
the excitement and joy that came
into our life within this sweet,
highly anticipated bundle of pink.




A little time passed and it was
our first time to babysit our
granddaughter while the new
Mom & Dad had an evening out.
We oohed, aahed, played, fed,
diapered and thoroughly enjoyed
having this sweet child to ourself
for a couple of hours.  Suddenly
Kramer took a backseat to the
attention in our house.  At one
point he trotted into view carrying
the babies rattle in his mouth.
He was quite pleased with the
new found toy which he had found
laying in the baby carrier which I
had left sitting on the floor...
How dare he put his mouth on
the babies toy!


I totally over-reacted.
I raised my voice scolding Kramer
harshly for his behavior. 
He dropped the toy
and ran to hide under the bed,
a shamed doggie.



An hour or so later, when my
daughter came to fetch the baby,
I went to place the baby into her
carrier for the car ride home.
There, laying in the carrier,
was Kramer's favorite toy
which he had placed there.
His way of saying he was
sorry...


I miss you Kramer!
11/30/94 - 4/12/10

17 comments:

SusanD said...

Hey GF, so sorry for your loss. Kramer had a pure, loving heart. Your story is just one example, I'm sure. I know you will sorely miss your dear friend. Thinking of you. Blessings, SusanD

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear of this. You'll be in my prayers. I've never had a pet I felt this way about and I envy you the sweet memories of such a devoted friend.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what a sweet story! We have two little rescued fur babies at our house -- I'm so sorry for losing your precious little guy. Thank you for being a rescue "Mom" -- there are so many abanded and abused ones who don't get the happy ending that Kramer did.

Parsley said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm dealing with 2 dogs that are gravely ill. I will pray for your peace in this tough time.

Handsome's wife said...

I'm sorry to hear of your saddness.

Joy Tilton said...

So sorry to hear you have lost sweet little Kramer. They are like children to us, just furry. We too have a rescue cocker that means the world to us. Sending love and prayers for your broken heart...

Mary said...

My heart is breaking for you; I know you feel as if you've lost a family member. I'm such a dog lover...I was crying when I read that post.
Many, many hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

What a sweet story!

I am so incredibly sorry for you loss! It is never easy losing someone that means so much!

Kat said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I do understand how hard this is, we have lost several pets within the last few years. Addie was 20, we actually had him before our daughter. I love the story about the baby toy, that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Kathy

KTW said...

Awwwww, I am so very sorry. :( I know your heart is breaking. You have very sweet memories to of Kramer to cherish though!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is such a sweet story. I want you to know that I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is heavy with your sorrow. ((HUGS))

Joyce said...

Aww, so sorry about your pup...that's hard. They are so much a part of the family. I loved the baby toy story...thinking of you.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. The story you told was heart wrenching...and precious! Thank you for sharing that with us today. You will be in my thoughts today....Bless you my friend!

Brigid said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I liked Kramer, and I know he was important to you.

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Awe :(
He was trading in his toy. So sweet!!
I'm sorry for your loss. lots of cyber hugs!! {{{hug}}}

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! The loss of our pets is devastating! We lost our big lab a few years ago and we all cried and even got two sympathy cards! He was well loved like Kramer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...