SWEET TEA

Saturday, January 30, 2010

SWAP till You Drop

A friend hosted "Swap Till You Drop"
this morning. This was a totally new
experience for me and
I. Loved. It.

This is the way it worked -
People were invited to come and bring
some gently used items. (Some items
had been rec'd as gifts and
never even used).


Books, Purses,
Home Decor, Glassware, Small Appliances,etc. 
The only items not allowed were clothing.
We could each bring up to 10 items.The gifts were layed out "garage sale"
style around the room.

For each item we brought we received
a clothespin with our name printed on it.




When the leader said "Go" we looked
over the loot and placed a clothespin
on anything we would like to have.


After everyone had placed their clothespins
the Leader went to each item individually
and took the clothes pins off and placed
them into a bowl.  Someone drew out a
clothespin and the "Winner"
was announced.


I took 10 like new hardback books (Baldacci, Grisom, etc.)
to swap and came home with
Floral Candle Ring*see the tags still attached


Love these Drapes.Probably "used", but in great condition
and perfect for my Dining Room!


There were 3 of us in the Drawing
for this.  I won!
IMO, this needs a little spray-paint-love
then it will be good to go.
*see my clothespin still on it.


This Coat Rack will go on a wall
in my Guest Bedroom which is
decorated in a New Orleans theme.

I am thrilled with my "Swap".
This is something we all
agreed we will do again.

Have you ever done anything like this?

14 comments:

SusanD said...

I've never even heard of this before, but what a great idea. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

KTW said...

I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the details on how it all works. I had seen something similar on another blog but they didn't give specifics. Definitely gonna have to plan one for this spring! THANKS! :)

Unknown said...

I love that idea! I wish we could do this blog style. That would be great!

Unknown said...

Sounds like lots of fun--and you made out like a fat rat!

Robin said...

This is such a great idea! I just wish I lived closer! I have a TON of stuff that is in great (if not new) condition that I would love to trade to a home that could use them! Thanks for sharing!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Carol said...

What a wonderful idea! Sounds like fun. You got some great things in the swap.

Smiles,
Carol

Shirley Sue said...

That is such a cool idea! If I ever get my house inshape, I'm going to have a Swap till you drop. Love it!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a great idea -- and you got some real treasures there.

Jill of All Trades said...

That sounds like fun. How many people were there. Was it at a house of bigger place. I want to do that.

SE'LAH... said...

i've never heard of this before but love the idea.

hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Handsome's wife said...

This is an awesome idea. Thank you for sharing. I think I'll try and organize one for my group of friends. Fun, fun, fun.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

How absolutely exciting! I want to go to one of these. I have done a White Elephant party....done like dirty santa...where you take something you don't want...wrap it...everyone gets a number and chooses a present. It was fun...I ended up with two christmas trees, lighted for outside my front door. Loved them.

momof3girls said...

such a fun party!!! What great deals you got!! I love hearing how groups of ladies get together for all kinds of different themes!!!!! to have a good time. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...