SWEET TEA

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ode to Charlie Brown



I love Jesus.
I like wrapping gifts.
I like baking.
I like sipping Cider.
I like candlelight.
I like the movie "It's a Wonderful Life".
BUT I don't like
decorating for Christmas.


I know it'a not PC to say this, but I'm
guessing there are others like me - somewhere.
It just doesn't make sense (to me) to go to all
this trouble only to turn around and take it all
down in a few weeks.  I'm a little OCD and
it makes me crazy trying to get things "just so"
for such a short time.


BTW, Yes, our tree is up and the house is
decorated, but someday, when Princess is
grown, I will have a Charlie Brown
Christmas Tree and call it "done".
This is my Christmas dream.

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love decorating for the holidays but I know what you mean. It's so much work all to just take it down in a few weeks. That's how we felt with Halloween and putting together a haunted house just for 3.5 hrs of pleasure. Yep, after 4 yrs we are officially done. Too much work and now we'll just stick to taking the kiddo out and pass out candy and call it good. :o)

BTW...I love the Charlie Brown tree. It's too precious!!! :o)

Unknown said...

My daughter also has the Charlie Brown tree and it is adorable! Sometimes I feel like the Charlie Brown tree reminds me of simplicity and the simple joy at Christmas time.

Hope you relax during the busyness of the holiday.

KTW said...

Like Chocolate Covered Daydreams said, the Charlie Brown tree represents the simple joys of Christmas to me, too. That's my favorite Christmas special and it always relaxes and centers me. Sometimes in all the commercialized Christmas hullabaloo, you need that little reminder of what it's really all about. :)

Unknown said...

No, you won't because all those grandchildren will be coming and you'll want to have a magical place for them.

Handsome's wife said...

I feel the same. Handsome and I have already decided, once the kids are out of the house we'll keep things very simple. Maybe even be gone for the holidays so no need to decorate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...