SWEET TEA

Saturday, November 21, 2009

You can thank me later.

* I maintain a W2W Blog for our church.
   This is a copy of a recent Post on that blog.
   It's "Yummy" so I KNEW you would enjoy it!
      ~lagirl/Sweet Tea


It's holiday time!
Thanksgiving week.
Food, Family. . .



and never quite enough time!



Here's a present for you!
The following are two
"tried, true and oh-so-tasty" recipes from
two of our great RVC cooks.
They are both easy and fairly quick
and would be a great addition to any
Thanksgiving meal.



"Johnny Appleseed Cake"

I wish I could claim this recipe was an original of mine but actually it was given to me by Ethel Sale.  NEVER was there an easier cake to make and the results are "out of this world".  I gave the recipe to my daughter and she has made it into a "show-off" dessert by topping it with a dollop of Cool Whip and a light sprinkling of cinnamon when she serves it.  No one would ever guess how EASY it is!!

Ingredients:
   Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
   1 can Apple Pie Filling.

1.  Combine the 2 ingredients
     (No water, No eggs, No oil)
2.  Mix well with a mixer - batter will be very thick.
3.  Pour into a greased/floured  9X13 pan
     and bake according to directions on the cake box.

No frosting is needed.

     * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




"Easy Italian Creme Cake"
This cake has been tasted and LOVED by our RVC Bunko Group!
The group thought this version was BETTER than the Italian Creme Cake we have purchased from high dollar bakeries.  We begged Dana Hicks for the recipe till she broke down and gave it to us. 
Thanks Dana!

1 white cake mix (w/pudding in the mix)
3  eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup veg. oil
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
2/3 cups chopped pecans (toasted)

Beat the first 4 ing. at med. speed for 2 min.
Stir in coconut and pecans.
Pour into 2 rounds or 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 for 15-17 min.  (rounds)
or about 27 min. for the 9x13.
Test with a toothpick for doneness.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1 stick  butter (softened)
1 16 oz. pkg.  powder sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup of chopped pecans (toasted)

Beat cream cheese and  butter at med. speed until smooth.
Gradually add powder sugar beat until light and fluffy.
Stir in vanilla and toasted pecans.
Ice the cake when cool.

     * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Give these recipes a try and you can "thank me later"!


7 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh I can't wait to try the apple cake -- sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

I've made that apple cake and it is indeed delicious! And super easy. A friend of mine makes a variation--she uses angel food cake mix and crushed pineapple. Haven't made that one yet, but it sounds yummy, too!

Kimmy said...

Oh boy!! That sounds so yummy!!!! I'm gonna have to print this one out. :O)

Unknown said...

They both sound and look wonderful. I will try them both! Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Can't wait to try theses. I am thanking you in advance for the yumminess.

Kat said...

These both sound wonderful. And I can't believe how easy the Italian Cream Cake sounds. The recipe I have literally takes all day to make. Which is why I make it maybe once every 2 years lol. Thanks for sharing these. Kathy

Debbie said...

Yum and yum! I can't wait to try that second one. And I love me some bunko!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...