SWEET TEA

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tornado Aftermath

We were on a street of severely Tornado damaged homes,
but we seemed to have gotten the least damage.
Thank you God!



This is my next door neighbor's garage.
The tornado tore the garage door off
and tossed it back into the garage
on top of his vehicle.



This is my other neighbor's  window (2 houses down from us) which was blown out by the tornado.
These people had severe damage to their home
and have moved out while it is being repaired.



There was a fence dividing these two yards.
It was completely blown down.
Do you see it laying on the ground?

I had just returned home from picking Princess up from school.  We were eating a snack and watching TV when a friend called to say she heard there was a Tornado in our area.  We hung up and ran to the back closet.  We'd only been in the closet for a couple of minutes when I HEARD "IT".  Then it sounded as though all the doors in the house were being slammed shut. 
Princess cried LOUDLY.
I prayed LOUDLY.
And we scared poor Kramer to death.
Then, it was all over in a matter of 10 seconds.

What we thought were doors slamming was instead debris being blown
against the house.  MANY of our roof shingles were scattered in our yard and around the neighborhood.  Our Privacy Fence will have to be replaced and we will have to have a new roof put on our house.
Our damage is very slight in comparison to some of our other neighbors.
AND
No one in our neighborhood was injured.
Praise God!

15 comments:

Kat said...

Thank God that no one was hurt. Roofs can be replaced, lives cannot. Sorry that you went through this, tornadoes are terrifying in their randomness and their destruction. We went through the massive F5 that hit Jarrell in 1997 and it was the most frightening thing I've ever witnessed. Bless you and your family, so glad that you are ok. Kathy

SusanD said...

Praising God with you that you and your family are safe and that there is minimal damage to your home. Thankful too that no one was injured. If we lived closer, I'd come help you clean up. Blessings, SusanD

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you're okay. You've been on my mind a lot lately and maybe this was why. Hope all else is going better for you and yours. Hugs, Beverly

Sue said...

How scary! It's amazing how much damage can be done by forces of nature. It's fortunate that your damage was minimal in comparison to some of your neighbors'. Glad you are safe.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you're okay. You've been on my mind a lot lately and maybe this was why. Hope all else is going better for you and yours. Hugs, Beverly

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you and your family are okay! I have never experienced this. I am thinking of you and your neighbors.

Handsome's wife said...

Oh My! Thank goodness it wasn't worse. Sounds scary for this California girl. I'm glad to hear you are okay.

MammaDucky said...

Glad you're alright and your house is mostly fine. How frightening!

Kimmy said...

Oh wow!! Thank the Good Lord for everyone being safe. Sorry to hear about the damage though. Being here in California, I have never been in a tornado or a hurricane. I think I'll stick with my earthquakes!!! lol

Brigid said...

We were so glad to hear everything is OK! It's no fair to move from Oklahoma to Louisiana and deal with tornadoes. Silly weather!

Gladys said...

Holy Moly! I lived in Sport when the tornado blew through downtown and almost destroyed the Strand. Yeah my daughter had prom that night :)

Unknown said...

I was worried just reading about it. Glad you are all safe. I would've been praying too. I can't figure out how the garage door ended up on your neighbor's car inside of the garage.

Mimi said...

Oh amen that everything turned out so well, when it could have been so terrible devastating. God is good!

Robin said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am SO VERY THANKFUL that you are OK!!! Roofs and fences can easily be replaced, YOU cannot!

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin :o)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Thank God indeed! One of the scariest things to me is a tornado, we (in Ont) had the worst tornado summer in a really long time.

A weather expert told a friend of mine, that the way our town is situated, tornadoes won't touch down here, they will blow over top of us. I sure hope he is right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...