SWEET TEA

Saturday, June 6, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes

Do not adjust your monitors. You have indeed landed at Sweet Tea. She has the audacity good fortune to be sunning on the beach for a few days. Sweet Tea will return tanned and rested before you know it. In the meantime, I'm tickled to death to be here and will try to fill her shoes.

My name is Beverly and I hope you'll visit me at The Beverly Buzz. I've been blogging almost a year--bamboozled into it by my daughter. I think she's created a monster--between blogging and Facebook, I'm always on the computer! My claims to fame include the best husband in the world (married 33 yrs!), 4 kids, and 5.5 absolutely wonderful grandchildren (#6 is due in August). Raised in the south, I consider myself a lady, but don't underestimate the smart mouth behind that slight smile.

Every Thursday for the past few weeks, I post what I call Thankful Thursday. I saw this idea on a couple of other blogs and thought it was a good idea, so I stole it. This last week, I waited till the end of the day to post and unfortunately had had a bad day and shouldn't have gotten near the keyboard.

Isn't it amazing what a change 24 hours can bring?

My heart is full to bursting right now and here are some of the reasons why--in no particular order.

I have a good friend I've never met. She goes by several different names--Sweet Tea is one or you might call her LA girl. She never fails with encouraging words and has even kicked my butt once (though she may not realize that's what she did). It's strange how easy it is to open up to people one has never met. But that's exactly what we do in bloggyland. How many times have you presented a problem or dilemma and gotten just the answer you need ?

What's your favorite day of the week? Why? Mine used to be Friday because my hubby doesn't usually work that day and we could spend it together, but things have gotten in the way--so now my favorite day is Saturday. Darrell and I wake up early and hit the local yard sales. Ya wanna know a secret? Darrell used to hate yard sales, but he started going with me so that we'd be able to have time together. Now he's worse than I am. Used to be I'd have to practically threaten him to stop at a sale, now HE's the one slamming on brakes.

I love that people want to get rid of stuff and are willing to set it all out nicely for me to paw through. You never know what you might find--I'm learning to look beyond the outside and see the potential. Ohhh, that was deep. Could that also apply to my relationships? I'll have to think about that one. (Kidding--I know that saying about some book and its cover.)

My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last week. Amazing. They are actually my aunt and uncle, but raised me from the age of two. I didn't realize till a few years ago that when they married, my aunt was 41 and my uncle was only 27! That cougar on TV Land ain't got nothing on my aunt! You go, girl!

Well, guess that's it for now. I know there's a lot more that's making me feel so great today, but you and I both need to shut off the computer and go outside!! If it's as beautiful where you are as it is here, don't miss it by being in the house!

4 comments:

chocdrop said...

Favorite day of the week, would be friday. The day I know I can come home and not think about a damn thing for two days....how awesome.

The Rambler said...

Favorite day of the week would be anyday that I have off from work :)

Unknown said...

what an awesome guest poster you are!!! and LA Girl is sunning her bum on the beach I am soooooo JEALOUS!

just some gab said...

I'm just dropping by from Blogstream to say hello to Sweet tea, I hope you have a great vacation. LUCKY YOU!! Miss you on the stream, things are slow, I think we're all working on our yards. ha ha.

Hello to you Beverly as well, nice post.

Bohemian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...