SWEET TEA

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Annual Crawfish Boil

Yesterday was the long anticipated Crawfish Boil
thrown by our church each year on the Sunday
of Memorial Day Weekend.
*Check out the link to meet Mr. Boudreaux.
If you've never been to a Crawfish Boil
then read on and I'll show you what you've been missing.

First the tents are set up,
cause' come rain or shine
people have come to eat!


Almost a ton of these stinky, disgusting
mud bugs/crawfish are catered to the site.
The crawfish are boiled up with corn on the cob
and tiny new potatoes. When it comes to
crawfish it's a love or hate thang.
Can you guess how I feel about this?


If crawfish just doesn't do it for you then you can choose from Burgers

Or, Hotdogs?

**Guess which I ate?**


There were LOTS of bouncies set up all across the church lawn, most had a water feature with them. The kids (big & little) wear swimsuits and take to these like "crawfish to water". They usually all go home sunburnt (despite the sunblock)and exhausted from all the fun.

AND



Great down-home fun on the Bayou!

BTW,
I ate a hotdog, cause I'm a germaphoeb
and I figure hotdogs do well in the
Louisiana sunshine.


Some of my friends even spread the vicious rumor that I was seen eating Cotton Candy.
Imagine that!
Me, the sophisticated person I am, eating that gooey, sticky, yummy, HIGH calorie Cotton Candy with the kids.
HUMPH!

(it was really good!)

14 comments:

Kat said...

Yummy! One of the Dr's I work for is from Morgan City and he has a crawfish boil every year - it's a blast! My husband would be eating the hot dogs with you! (and I think Cotton Candy is the perfect dessert) Kathy

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I'm in trouble if eating cotton candy is unsophisicated.

chocdrop said...

I would have to have a burger. I can't do the seafood thing (allergies).
Sounds like fun.

Susan said...

If it doesn't have fins and scales, count me out. For me the hot dogs would be the lesser of two evils, but not by much. The burger is more my style. I can do some damage on potato salad and chips and dip, so I would be ok. Cotton candy, too sticky for this prissy little girl. I'm glad you had a nice time. Fun post.

Unknown said...

My daughter and her hubby brought like 30 lbs of crawfish up last fall when they visited from LA. My first (and hopefully last) crawfish boil. Watching those poor critters squirm was disgusting. Even the smell was gross. I had chicken.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I don't do mudbugs either...I can't get past the look...but now...I love me some hotdogs....and cotton candy...if it is not sophisticated to eat it...then I am in a mess. I pay to go to the state fair every year just to eat some....;-) Sounds like your church has a riotous good time. Maybe next year I can come too!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Looks like a fun day. I would go for the hamburger! What a great activity to be held at your church.

Swing by my blog and enter my giveaway. I hope to see you there!

Joyful said...

What a fun day and no small undertaking! Glad you all had a fun day!

SusanD said...

I can't do the mudbug thang either. lol Burgers for me. I might have had to splurge with you on the CC! :) Blessings, SusanD

Sue said...

Those beady little eyes and those feelers would have me cringing in a heartbeat, so I'm afraid to say I would be passing on them.... LOL Feed me all the accompanying potato salad, veggies(yeah, got to be a little healthy..) chips, Cokes,cakes, cookies, AND that spun sugar and baby, I would be content!!I'm glad that you enjoy those little creatures, though.
8-) Sue

Swamp Sisters: 77 Day Journey said...

Yummy! You'd like our LCB (Low Country Boil) Recipe! Love your blog! The Fritter Chicks

Jill of All Trades said...

YUMMY! I'm hungry.

Robin said...

That looks like soooo much fun! Hubby is deathly allergic to seafood, so he wouldn't even want to attend because of the name...lol! I will be sure to let him know they have "other" food, too!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I'd be able to do the crawfish thing - I'm much more likely to grab a hot dog or hamburger!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...