SWEET TEA

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slacker Cooks "Taco Rice"




It's TUESDAY,
the day we pay homage to SLACKER COOKS.
Today's Slacker Recipe is once again one of my own, however next weeks recipe will be one of the recipes submitted for the HISSY FIT drawing.
If you have not yet entered the drawing you can find details on how to do this if you look back to my Feb 20th Blog post.



SLACKER'S TACO RICE
(a skillet supper)

3/4 lb ground beef
2 t. Chili Powder
1 can Chili Beans, undrained
8 oz can Tomato Sauce
14 oz jar of your favorite Salsa
Minute Rice (to serve 4)

In a large skillet brown the ground beef. Drain.
Add Chili Powder and stir well.
To the skillet add:
Chili Beans (including the juice),
Tomato Sauce,
Salsa
Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
To serve:
Place prepared rice on a plate and top with the skillet mixture.
You can top this with any type of taco fixins, if you like, ie, cheese,lettuce, tomato, sour cream...My family prefers it without the toppings, but they do like to eat Fritos with this meal.


YUMMY!!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks delicious! I think I'll try it next Sunday when all the family comes over.

BTW, I made your apple spice cake this past weekend and it was loved by all! Not a crumb was left. Thanks.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I've got to remember not to visit your posts until AFTEr breakfasts on Slacker Cook days! I am STARVING!

Melissa said...

Sounds delicious!!

Gladys said...

This looks simple and delicious

Unknown said...

oh that looks soooo good!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

That makes me drool. I know that is not what a southern lady would say....but lets be honest. I wanted to eat the picture.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to post the pay it forward post? You are #3 on mine and if you do then you will win, let me know okay. :)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Looks and sounds good!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes you sent my way today!

Anonymous said...

I just went ahead and deleted it, maybe next time :)

Have a good week!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This looks great. I'm always looking for new easy ways to cook rice. My husband is a rice freak!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...