SWEET TEA

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 arrives LOUDLY!

A new year comes LOUDLY to the South.
It doesn't sneak in,
it EXPLODES in!!!
There's
NO WAY
you could sleep through it
or somehow be unaware
that the old has ended
and the new has arrived.

Firecracker stands start selling their goods
the day after Christmas, and on New Years Eve
the fire crackers and sky rockets begin at dark and continue well after midnight.
I think it's resonable to assume that all over our fair city Mother's are up walking babies and praying that all the NOISE
will end soon.

New Years Eve rivals The Fourth of July in our town.
"Louisiana people love to play with fire.", and you can quote me if you want to.


** 2009 **
It's Here!
I pray it will be a good year for all!!



6 comments:

Handsome's wife said...

Happy New Year to you

SusanD said...

Happy New Year! I see you took another shot at changing your page. I like new layout. Susan

Mc Allen said...

aww, well it sounds like ya brought it in right!! ;) happy New year girl!! hugs, LA

SusanD said...

Hey Gal, please drop me a note thru my email: swillis513@gmail.com. We'll talk. Blessings. Susan

DeeBee said...

Happy New Year! I look forward to reading your blog and hearing about the going on's in your part of the world.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. Looking forward to the blog year ahead and wish you much success.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...