SWEET TEA

Monday, March 8, 2010

You're invited to snoop around. . .


This is our Master Bedroom;
the most neglected room
in the house.

I'm finally getting around to updating it.
The furniture stays.
(but it can be rearranged)
The bed linens/curtains stay.
But everything on the wall is
gonna be "outta here".
This room has gone waaay beyond restful and peaceful
and has entered the
"BORING" zone.



Who thought it was a good idea
to hang a picture of a
"dead tree"over our bed?  LOL!!
(Me.  I liked the frame and
the picture matched the decor.)
Temporary Insanity
is my plea.
Please, let's just ignore the sad little
wall treatments on both
sides of the bed.


To the right of the door is a pitiful little Shrine
of family photos. YUK!
Clutter is the deco of the dresser.
"My bad."


You may recognize
I simply couldn't let it go, so it is delegated
to our bedroom.
 * * * * *
And lest you think I am really
one-hot-Mama
let me explain why we have
TWO fans. 
One is broken and just needs
to be hauled out to the trash.
(*blush)
AND.I.KNOW.
the big picture on the wall doesn't
go with anything.
I don't want it, but I don't want
to get rid of it either.


More of my clutter.
"I promise I will pick it all up."
It got away from me during the
Christmas season and I've not
reclaimed it since then.


This is my dh's clutter.
It will remain because he will
NOTpick it up
and doesn't want me
to touch it, so I'll simply
have to work around it.


More of my dh's clutter.
He won't pick this up either
so I'm trying to figure out a way
to hide it. ???

This photo shows the khaki coloron the walls more accurately than the other
photos.  I like it!
Also,  I know this border looks like
it is on the wall,
but if you look closely to the left of the photo
you will see that it actually goes around
the inset  of our recessed ceiling,
which I also like; it looks more like
archetectural detail than "border.
I'm gonna keep the colors
of  Khaki & Black
for the bedroom.

I don't know where I'm gonna go with this
but I'll post photos when I finish.
Right now I'd rate this room a #3.I'm hoping to raise it to at least
a #7.

I always make the Living Room my first priority
when I decorate, then Kitchen,
Dining Room(s), Princess' room,
bathrooms, and Guest Room.
Our bedroom always is the last.

What's your order when you decorate?
Do you have a place you always begin
AND
another which is always last?
What colors do you like to use?
Wonder why we gals
always want to know these things?!!

9 comments:

Kimmy said...

WOW! I wish I had a master bedroom bigger like that. Mine seems dinky. :oP

Can't wait to see the updated photos!! I love interior design!!!!

I don't usually have an order. We just go with what needs to be done and which is in the budget at the time. We redid our master maybe a year and a half ago and love it! My master is a tanny brown. A darker brown in a spare bedroom, hall bath is another shade of brown called applesauce. Family room and kitchen is a peachy that goes with the vineyard theme. My daughters room is a HOT PINK! lol We let her choose. I like it though. :o)

Good luck and have fun!!!!

Mary said...

I can't wait to see the finished project, either! I have the same problem with my husband's clutter. My side of the room is generally clutter free,so his clutter drives me crazy!

Lori said...

Good luck to ya!!! We are in the in the process of redoing our bathroom. My cast iron tub is sitting in my bedroom. We had a major leak under the tub, so have to redo. While we redo the bathroom I decided to redo my bedroom! Total mess!!!! It's been a toatl pain in the you know what.

Our room is always last.

Bonnie said...

Your master bedroom looks like a dream compared to mine! I just have no idea what to do with it. Oh and my DH's clutter is way higher than mine. Must be a man thing!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I don't have an order...I do what feels right and what I can afford. I loved the colors of your bedroom...and I am glad you posted it...Sometimes I feel like every woman...except me lives in Martha Stewart world...you restored my faith in just regular people...who do what feels good with decoration. I live in early american eclectic. I love antiques...have a few...and then I have hodge podge pieces...nothing really matches each other...but they match who I am....eclectic. I love shades of nature...obviously you do too. :-) I knew I liked you. Can't wait to see the reprise pictures.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do here. Thanks for your sweet visit and comments on my rose dishes. Pink and green dishes actually go with my pink and green master bedroom too!

KTW said...

Our bedroom always comes last, too. It's just a sad fact of life that mommies put themselves at the back of the line in almost every respect, including home decor. We've lived in our house for 11 years and the master bathroom has STILL not been decorated. *blush* It seems that once we get room #1 finished and move on to another, by the time we get to our stuff it is time to re-do room #1 again!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm doing our bedroom, too--as well as every other room in the house. I tend to go willy nilly from room to room. Maybe that's why I never actually finish any of them!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Well, based on the comments here, looks like we're not alone with our bedroom issues! It's also becoming evident that most men have clutter issues!!! LOL

Sounds like your b'room redo should be easy for you. It sounds like you want to keep the wall colors, border, bedding and curtains. In your case, it sounds more like you may need to just reaccessorize and maybe rearrange the furniture for a change.

I say you shop around for some kind of wall art or pillow or some accessory you really like for your room and start with that as your inspiration piece. Take everything off the walls and surfaces, and start fresh with your inspiration piece as your guide.

I wish my room redo was going to be that simple. I really feel like I need to totally start over. We'll see . . .

Thanks for your comments/advice on my room. Look forward to your transformation.
Carla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...