SWEET TEA

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Barbara Walters Fund

Forget Haiti.
Forget Chile.
Let's all "dig deep" and send a cash gift
to our good friend, Barbara Walters.
Obviously she is in need.

BW must be in dire straits or she would not  CONSISTENTLY, and OBNOXIOUSLY peddle all the things she is involved with and make herself look the fool.  She must need the cash, don't ya think?  I'm thinking of cutting back on our family food budget in order to send her a few bucks.  How about you?  She is a single woman, all alone in this world and could probably use some help.  If not, why would she shamelessly and proudly (as in prideful) revel in the glory of her TV specials, as well as her biography, which she YAKS about ALL.THE.TIME? 

She is also Mother Superior on "The View" tv program, which she never lets anyone forget.  I enjoy the program but have taken to fast-forwarding through the endless yap of promoting herself,  which is then echoed by the ladies on the program.  (they're probably fatigued at having to pat-her-on-the-back 24/7)  Really, someone needs to step up and say "ENOUGH". 
Yes - you're wonderful;
we know and understand. 
Yes - you have famous friends
and connections;
we know and understand that too. 
But don't you have enough money and fame?  Do the projects you want to do,
but pay someone else to tell us how
fabulous you are.  It's tacky when you say it!!
Stop all the bragadocious babble.
If I hear you talk about being the
"first woman news anchor"
one-more-time I am gonna
HURL. 


I'll also be glad when your final
Oscar Night Special is behind you,
because I'm sick and tired of hearing
YOU go on about it. 
I always enjoy this special,
but it's time to let someone else
"toot your horn". Quit constantly promoting  yourself.
Stop it.  Right now! 
You are famous,
why not use your voice to promote a great cause,
ie cancer research, ending world hunger,
education reform? 
Think "Paul Newman".
I'd buy Salad Dressing or Salsa with your
picture on it if I knew the monies raised
would benefit a good cause.
Why must it always be about YOU
(what you say, what you do, what you think,
what you wear, etc. etc.)  You might find it
very rewarding to give voice to something
bigger than yourself.

The likes of Michael Jackson and Britney Spears have been said to make terrible mistakes because they were surrounded by "yes" people who would not tell them the truth or give them guidance.  I'm telling you, BW, "ENOUGH!". 
Is this really the legacy you want to leave behind at some point?


Whew!
I just needed to get this
off my chest.




9 comments:

Angie said...

Barb-wa, Barb-wa, Barb-wa! Lessons to still be learned. It's a little sad, isn't it. I do have the DVR set to tape the last Oscar special though, so I guess that promoting gets her somewhere. I haven't watched more than 2 or 3 of her specials in my 42 years of life. Hope it's a good one. :)

Loved your pic at the end.

Robin said...

AMEN SISTAH!!! I couldn't agree with you more! (can we add Oprah to that list, too....LOL)

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin :o)

Unknown said...

I don't watch the View and Barbara is definitely not on my list of favorite people to watch on tv. What it comes down to is a very insecure woman that has to build herself up to remind others who she knows and who her friends are. So sad.

Jill of All Trades said...

Isn't it great to vent. Feels good to get something off your chest.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Honestly, I don't it's money Babs needs, it's ATTENTION!! The lady can't seem to get enough of it! BTW: why do we keep GIVING it to her? Aren't her 15 minutes UP already?

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Handsome's wife said...

I don't enjoy the view. I did long ago but the fighting and EH has turned me against it. Also, you are right. BW is over the top. I agree.. Enough is enough!

Mary said...

So-Very-True! I couldn't agree more! Also, agree with Robin...add Oprah (and Kate, too!) to the list!

Kimmy said...

I tagged you on my latest post! Come see when you have a chance :o)

Have a great rest of your day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...