SWEET TEA

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Family Dynamics


I love seeing how people within a
family react to each other.
Some would call this "being nosey"
but I prefer to call it "curiosity".

If you follow me regularly you know that our family is very scrambled at the moment and has been for over a month now.  HK is with me, and Mister is with our youngest son (in Atlanta).  HK is 2 and here's a couple of our recent conversations:

Me:  Can you put that paper in the trash, please?
HK:  No thank you.

    * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Me:  You Go Girl!
HK: (shaking head, sadly) I don't wanna go.

   * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Now that youngest son is feeling better I get the occasional text or phone call from him which begins with "Can you tell Dad...".  Then I have to find a way to discreetly tell Dad whatever it was that son didn't actually want to look his Dad in the eyes and say.

   * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And, if any of my family is reading this please make note:
"I know I am never on time with birthday cards and the like.  I used to be, but that ship has sailed and it's never coming back to port.  From now until eternity you can count on a call on your birthday, then expect to receive your card/gift the next week."
You can blame it on one of the following:
(Choose one)
     a.  Weather
     b.  Your Dad

     c.  Menopause
     d.  None of the above



6 comments:

Nonnie said...

That little girl is so sweet and I'm sure she is saying and doing all kinds of cute things to entertain you. The No Thank You is especially funny, but guess at two she would be taking the other saying a little too literal.

It has to be such sweet times for you and HK to be together, but I also believe in all that mixed up scramble, the desire of your heart is to be in the other places: with new grandbaby, and to be reunited with Mister and to see your son. Life is so hard sometimes. I think of you and pray for you and heartily wish we lived closer and could come visit. This time will pass, but in the meantime ... hold fast! Trusting God has you each of you where you need to be for this time.

Nonnie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanna Jenkins said...

Just catching up on your posts. Your plate is definitely VERY full, my friend. So much going on and you absolutely get a pass on birthday cards and all of the above.
One day at a time, as they say...
Keep up the good work,
xoxo jj

yaya said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who runs late with birthday greetings. I thought life was busy when I had a house full of kiddos, but it's much crazier now! Throw in spouses, grandkids, girlfriends, and pets..whew! Your plate is really full right now. I hope you get some time for just you. Take care and I'll keep your family in my prayers!

Bobbie said...

As the family grows, I find it harder to remember birthdays. I think you are doing beautifully handling it all. Your family is in my prayers every morning... so glad for the update and that all is well :-)

Marsha Young said...

Well, I just love this post. You are honest ! What a blessed change of pace from the nonsense that many of us indulge in. :) And by many I mean "me". :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...