SWEET TEA

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Oh the Things You'll See. . .

As planned, we made the trip to Tulsa and enjoyed and nice long weekend.  Nice person that I am, I shared the tummy bug I'd had previously, with Mister, soooooo one of the days we were in Tulsa we spent to ourselves, so as not to spread the nasty tummy bug with others.  (Perhaps I have just written the longest, run-on sentence in the history of blogging!  You're quite welcome.)  We spent our quarantined day in the car driving around the town we once called home.  Lots of changes we noticed, as well as some amusing things along the way.  It's absolutely amazing what one can find when driving randomly for hours.

Ever been to a "Bean Bar"?
This was a first for us, but we didn't go in.


Late in the day we came upon this monstrosity.
Look at this.  
Look hard and see all the intricate details.  
What is it?
To get here one must drive south from Tulsa.  Waaaay south to where there is nothing but country roads.
Then take a right at the stop sign, go across the railroad tracks, up a small hill, then just as you begin to come down the hill - BEHOLD!  We did some asking around but no one seemed to really know what this is.  I have my own theory but would probably be arrested if I shared my thoughts with you
Things that make you say, "WEIRD"!!

Kombucha, anyone?
We've been told about this drink that is to be extra good on one's tummy.  I couldn't find the drink here, as we have no Whole Foods or Sprout's stores, so we made it our business to grab some up to try while we were in Tulsa.  The first flavor we tried was "Pineapple with Greens".  It looked, smelled, and tasted like stagnant creek water.  I tried to like it, but ended up pouring it down the drain.  YUK!  Then, after leaving the other flavors in the hot car we realized these are to be refrigerated immediately - so the other flavors had gone bad and we didn't even get to try them.  At $3.69 a small bottle, this was a "FAIL".  But I'll try again the next time I have the opportunity.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
BTW, while we were away I had a very "serious" birthday.  It's official - "I'm old!", but I refuse to linger in that thought.  Denial is my friend.  *smile  We had a huge family party to celebrate the many August B-day's in our family.  I'll share this in my next blog post.  Remember to breathe between now and the next post.  I know it'll be hard to wait.  *smirky grin




11 comments:

Linda said...

You are so funny!!! Yes! I am waiting......

Joyce said...

If you're sharing a stomach bug, perhaps giving the bean bar a miss was a good thing : ) I love coming across random 'stuff' on road trips. It takes all kinds, right? Happy Birthday!

Nonnie said...

Yes. Missing out on the Bean Bar was a really good choice. It sounds like a smelly, noisy place to hang out!

Linda said...

It's amazing what you find when you go back to an old home. Nope, never seen a bean bar and I'm afraid to try new, weird drinks. Happy Birthday!!!!!

Mari said...

I've never heard of a bean bar... good thing you skipped it. Not so sure about those drinks either!
That's quite a building!

mindy said...

I think we're sharing the same serious birthday, I just turned 50. Uffda! If you're older, we need to know your secret because you look great and have a young, fun attitude. 😊

White Lace and Promises said...

Hummmmmm. The huge house/castle. Hope not one of Hugh Heifner's mansions with all the wives/women???

Bean bar??? Funny! Wouldn't want to get a taste/smell of that one!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Bean Bar? I have never. You are such a funny person. You can make me smile on my worst day. Thank you for sharing your humor.

Jackie See said...

We used to spend a lot of time in Tulsa when our kids lived in Broken Arrow . Not sure I would try that drink, especially at that price! Is Disneyland building houses now?

Sandra said...

Hope the mister is feeling better now, and how nice of you to share the bug hahahaha Sharing is caring right?

I am thinking the bean bar was a good miss, and as for the kombucha I also kept hearing how good it was but I don't like it either.

Anonymous said...

I have missed so many of you posts, you haven't been coming up on my reader!!!! Oh that is so maddening!! But I am here now, all caught up, the barn wedding, the poop pants hair dressers trip, the mosquitoes and chiggers post and the twin out fits, you ae such an honest down to earth gal and i am so glad I know you, I hope your mum is well and I'm sorry you wee ill but honestly you get get creek water for free lol!!!Oh and I wanted o say that photo of your daughter and her fella, its absolutely beautiful and she is so lovely, such a beauty,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...