SWEET TEA

Monday, August 25, 2014

Fudge

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet
with a few nuts".
   ~author unknown

We had such a good "fudgy time" when we were in Tulsa last week.

Our oldest Grandoll
turned Sweet 16!
I still remember clearly the day she was born.
I can tell you what I was wearing
and how my hair was combed.
Becoming a YaYa is a highlight of my life.

And, wonder of wonders -
she was born on MY Birthday
and named after me.

Mister with his Sister (rhyme)
meeting our new little Grand niece,
Linley.

Aunt Erma.
Everyone should have an Aunt Erma.

Two of our cousins
all grown up now
with babies of their own.

"Cheese!"

Family Dudes.

Scott, one of the nicest people
I know.

Forever to be known now as
"Linley's mom and dad".

Youngest Tulsa Granddoll.
Few people more fun than
a feisty red head

Me, enjoying a chat with my
handsome nephew.

I.Am.One.Blessed.Sweet Tea.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you most certainly are blessed, beautiful family,

Susie said...

I think you have a wonderful family. I have a fudge family too....with a side of nut brittle. LOL. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Linda said...

what a lovely family. I. especially, love the redhead....I am a redhead but none of my grands are.

Jeanie said...

Those get-togethers with family members of all ages a very special indeed. Happy birthday to your Sweet Sixteen.

Nonnie said...

Now see!?????!! That road trip was so worth it! Looking at all the beautiful and friendly faces, it's just plain as can be that you and Mister have even more memorable moments to add to your collection. Your granddolls are so pretty. You're a pretty YaYa, too.

yaya said...

Such a beautiful family! Nothing better than being a YaYa...and I can back that up with evidence from one YaYa to another! Looks like you had a fun time. Family is so important and getting to know them...nuts and all..is important! Happy Birthday to your beautiful namesake and to you!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love the family memories. Made me feel as if I were there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...