SWEET TEA

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July Bye-Bye

July is winding down and try as I may I can't stop it.  If I had my druthers I'd linger longer in the sunshine and warmth of these days.  It seems each summer day blurs into yet another day, all too quickly going by.   Most of my days are spent with the very young, (HK) and the elderly (my Mom).  I love them both and treasure this season of my life, still, I admit it has been an adjustment of sorts. Sometimes I long to be "out and about" a little more than my current circumstances allow, but most of the time I'm content just to simply "be".  Mister comes home each day to a house full of women.  He has learned to not only survive, but live well within this estrogen household.  Here's how our last week of July is rollin' by.

Boudxy doesn't care if it's July or January.
He's just concerned with gettin' his snooze on.
(The suspicious looking "thing" beside his
head is a toy, not an accident.)


Twinkies!
What are the odds of doing this?
Sunday, my best friend and I showed up at church wearing the very same outfit.  Too funny!!
Great minds, and all that. . .


I seldom read books, but am actually on my second read of the Summer which is some kind of a record for me.  This book is thought provoking, but not nearly as practical as I thought it would be.  Still, I love to see/hear how people live their lives so I'm enjoying this peek into the author's world (though I enjoy reading blogs much more).  Just sayin. . .

I hope July has been a good month for you
and that August is even better!









7 comments:

Miss Dishywoo said...

How funny! I love your matching dresses. In regards to your current season of life, I think it's wonderful how you are being such a blessing to those in your life.

Jeanie said...

I'm with you in wanting to slow summer down a bit, but so far it is flying by here too.
It is great that you got that pic of you and your friend in your matching outfits....a funny coincidence. :)

Margie said...

Oh, that is funny about wearing the same outfit.
Made me smile ...

Summer is passing too quickly but I am loving every minute!

yaya said...

Hey, I have that same outfit!..JUST KIDDDING! Both you ladies look adorable in it! This summer is flying by and I can't believe it's almost August. Have a good weekend!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Yikes! We are back in school in 2 weeks!!!! Where has my summer gone?
You two look adorable!
Hugs,
Patti

marejohn said...

AGREED! July is FLYING past-well, TIME is flying past! Always a juggling act to enjoy while in perpetual motion!
Happy August!

Linda said...

I love your outfits!!! My mother and I often wear the same colors on Friday!
I can't WAIT for fall so I am very happy today is AUGUST!!! 30 days and a wake up til September 1st!!! My all time favorite day of the year!
You do a great job with the 'young' and 'old' in your life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...