SWEET TEA

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bits and Pieces.

What's wrong with this photo?
*hint - look at the candelabra
I'm still looking for some things I put away
in order to make room for Christmas.
Haven't found the 3 other gold candles.
Can't believe I didn't put them away all together!
I do a variation of this every Christmas.
Darn.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Nap time.
Sometimes my 17 yr old still looks little.

* * * * * * * * * * *


If you've not seen this movie
put it on your "must see" list.
The critics slammed it, but what do they know.
We saw several movies during the Christmas
season and this was by far the best.
"New Year's Eve" celebrates love, hope, forgiveness, second chances and fresh starts, in the intertwining stories told amidst the pulse and promise of New York City on the most dazzling night of the year."
(online quote)
I think the less you know about the movie
in advance, the more you will enjoy it.
'Nuff said.

* * * * * * * * * * *

YEAY!!
Regular TV scheduling is back!
Did anyone see "The Middle" last week?
(it was about New Year's Resolutions)
Too funny!

* * * * * * * * * *

My daughter would be mortified
disgustified and petrified
if she saw me wear these,
but these make my feet feel sooooo good.
I only wear them at night after
everyone has gone to bed.
It's a secret, so don't tell anyone.



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

the photo of your daughter and the sweet little dog is lovely and I think your secret is out!!!

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Your secret is safe with me as I had suffered pain and anguish of wearing pumps and knee highs.
I hope that you find the other gold candles of the candleabria. I am sure you do a great job rearranging family pics each christmas.
Thanks for the review on the movie. Now that the Holiday Season is over I might get less hours put work and a little bit more time to my family and me.
Wether our kids are teen agers or full grown adults they will always be young and little to us.
Take Care.

Rhona said...

It was funny reading your post today because I popped in to see my parents yesterday and they were hunting for photos they had put away to make room for Christmas decorations and my poor Dad couldn't remember where he'd put them ;o) Hope you find your candles soon. xx

Susan said...

I love The Middle. We cracked up watching it. Also my movie to start the new year with was an old slasher flick called "New Year's Evil". My Mom, (God rest her soul) would say, "it takes all kinds". Happy New Year.

Janie Fox said...

somewhere deep in my organizing freakish ways I have lost a necklace. I remember putting it in something that was going upstairs to my room so I would have it up there to put away. I have no idea where I put it or what I put it in.

Bobbie said...

We saw New Years Eve. Great movie! I laughed and I cried... need I say more?! Love the picture of your daughter curled up with the dog... so sweet!! They're always our babies, right?

Becca Bertotti said...

Love your fashion forward shoes ... I do that, too! LOL. And, don't you just hate when you tuck something away for Christmas and then can't find it ... you'll probably find them next Christmas. LOL Love all of your sweet pics ... and, your snoozing kiddo is so cute. And, thank you so much for your "sweet" comment about my Valentine kitchen!

Marsha Young said...

Loved the pictures - and smiled at your post. Happy New Year. ...Marsha

Anne said...

We saw the film New Years eve, I enjoyed it but Tony didnt care much for it. Maybe its a girlie film.
I agree with Laurie too!

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL...Mom hides things from herself too. Your daughter and K9 son look precious....as for your feet you have keisha lady look going on there.
Hugs Madi

yaya said...

Let's see...I can't find a picture that I thought was hanging over the fireplace before the holidays...and it's not a small one either! Your daughter does look so little all curled up there. They just grow way too fast. The final pic has me scratching my head..is it the gray sweats? The socks? The thongs?(sandals I'm mean, not the other kind of thong)....that has you hiding out?

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I have worn socks with birkenstocks...but never with flip flops. That was too cute. Loved the shot of your princess curled up in the chair....and she does look so little there. Have a great week.

Sush said...

If I ever find that special place I put all the special things I want to keep and not lose I'll have a treasure trove. I know somewhere in my house there is a dark hole that is keeping all my most valuable possessions! Perhaps the black holes are all linked to everyone's home?
I know just how you feel about your sleeping princess...makes your heart glow doesn't it?
Hugs~

Chatty Crone said...

Are they comfortable with socks on?
And you guy does look little, they grow so fast though don't they? Love, sandie

Mary said...

I'm waiting for New Year's Eve to come out on DVD, then I'm definitely going to watch it!
Okay, the bad news: I tagged you in today's post. If you don't do these/want to do it, no worries!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...