SWEET TEA

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Screw-up

I'm owning this "screw-up".
I did it.
I take full responsibility.

That said, I think you'll understand,
as this is such a "girl thang!".


I bought a lovely quilt and pillow sham set for
our bedroom.
I ordered it online from a major company.
It arrived like clockwork.
I layed the quilt across the bed
and liked what I saw.
I refolded the quilt, and put it back into
the shipping plastic.
My plan was to paint the bedroom
before using the new quilt.


Time passed.
Life happened.
The more I thought about the quilt
all packed away in the plastic,
the more I began to think
perhaps I could find a different quilt,
one that I would like even more.

(See!  I told you this was a "girl thang".)



Sure enough,
I did some more online searching
and found a different quilt.
Yes, one I liked even more!



I began to make arrangements to return
the quilt I had originally purchased.
It was past the 30 day deadline
of being able to return for a full
purchase.  Bummer!
Still, I was willing to take
a partial refund.

I once again took the quilt
out of the plastic packing and worked
on getting it folded "just so".
This was a BIG job since it was
a king-size quilt.
I wanted it to arrive back at the
company perfectly packaged so
I could get the best return price
available at this point.



I still had the original mailing box -
perfect!
Once I had it perfectly packaged & sealed
I delivered it to the UPS drop store,
just as the instructions directed.
$10.67 later it was on it's way.

Imagine my surprise  that 
evening when I went into my
bedroom and found the two pillow shams
(which should have been returned
along with the quilt) lieing on the bed!

Sometimes you just have to "suck it up"
and admit you've
"screwed up".

What I've decided to do:
If I mail the shams I will have to
pay for more postage.
I am planning just to "let it be".
Whatever the company decides
to refund is what I'll have to take.
The original cost was $76.
I've already paid $10+ for return postage.
I will only get partial refund at best.

"To err is human,
but to really 'screw-up'
takes a lot of work."

18 comments:

Lisa said...

yes, totally a girl thing. I've actually held onto the original one as a "backup" before, believe it or not! And then, several months later, decided that maybe I liked the original bedspread better after all.

Sush said...

OH I definitely get you on this one. I've purchased two coverlets for our master bedroom for when we are finished with the reno. I still keep looking and thinking I'll find one that's 'mo bettah. My daughter gets crazy when we're together and I do this and tells me I can't look anymore until I use at least one of the two at home. She's not the boss of me is what I say!

Hugs~

Aloha Acres said...

Are we related? That is soooo something I would do!

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL I think we might be sisters.
Been there and done something similar.
Hugs C

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

You're a big woman to admit this to the blogging world. I forgive you!

karen said...

I think we live parallel lives. So hard for me to settle on something - I just know when I do I'll find that one thing that I'll love even more and will be more perfect. *Sigh* There will ALWAYS be something more perfect. You just have to decide and go with it. Hope you get your maximum refund! I'm always too lazy to do that.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

You are too funny. I ate two pair of jeans that way....it happens to the best of us.

Susie said...

YIKES...I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE FEELING YOU HAD WHEN YOU SAW THOSE SHAMS..I THOUGHT SURE YOU WERE GOING TO SAY YOU SENT ONE BACK AND HAD ORDERED THE EXACT SAME ONE, THAT BEING A GIRL THING TOO.HAHA. WE LIVE AND HOPEFULLY LEARN. SMILES ,SUSIE

Melanie said...

I feel better, I did something similiar, and yes it is a girl thang!

Jill said...

That's a bummer! Maybe you can get the quilt back? LOL Use it in another room?? I need a new quilt for my room, last set was 6 years ago! But that is usually on a back burner after having children :-)

Have a great night!

blessings,
Jill

Cheri said...

Honestly it is nice to know that there are "others" out there that have done what I have done (not as large as a quilt though). Thanks for being normal, honest female. We could start a club..

yaya said...

I sent back some merchandise once and accidental packed my new prescription glasses in the box..never to see (no pun intended) them again. They're probably in glass heaven with my other new pair of glasses that fell off my lap when I got out of the car at a rest stop on a trip...never saw them again either...my eye doc loves me.

Jeanie said...

I have screwed up so many times this week (mostly at work) that I feel a little better now knowing that I am in good company of the screw up front.

Bobbie said...

Oh... I just hate it when that happens! I hope they give you a decent refund anyway.

NanaDiana said...

Yep-I get it! I once shipped a coat back minus the belt. I called them -they snickered- and I returned it in a separate envelope. I also returned a pair of sheets minus the pillowcases one time and didn't discover it until days later...yeah....I SOOO get it! xo Diana

Teresa said...

I hear you. when I got my new King size bed I looked all over for the "Just Right" comforter. After having it for some time I was unhappy of the size. It didn't fall long enough on both sides. I had to pull it to the side that people could see for it to look right. After asking if I could return it and finding the price tags, they were willing to return it for full price. It was the right size. Just made for a smaller bed I guess. We sleep under it and it is so cozy...I just said to heck with it. I looked all over for a bigger comforter and I couldn't find a one I liked.
So YES we do some funny things.

Chatty Crone said...

Hey - you can tell from the comments - it's a girls thing to do alright - I can't tell you how many times I do things like that. This actually makes me feel better! sandie

Beth J said...

This must be a "family thing". About 10 years ago, I bought a KS comforter set, just loved it in the JCP store. When I unpacked it at home, we both hated the fabric. It was more frufru(had a different texture) than the cotton bedspreads we had before. Ugh, also the price tag was about $325, which is more than I've ever paid for a KS set. Now, 10 years later, we have it on a bed, turned on the inner side, which is plain black. I should have returned the KS bedspread, but shortly after its purchase, I accidently tore (ripped) a small hole in the bedspread. So much for that purchase. At least it's being used now. And the black really does look attractive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...