SWEET TEA

Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Miss Mary, Mary, Blueberry"


Did you know. . .

Almost four in 10 of those polled said their car has a personality of its own. Two in 10 have a nickname for their car. Most often it is a female nickname


  • Women were more likely than men to attribute personal traits to their cars, more likely than men to give their car a nickname and more likely to see their cars as female.

  •             ~from Sightline Daily

    I have not always named my cars,
    however I did once have a car I affectionately
    named, "Miss Mary, Mary, Blueberry".(obviously it was a blue car)
    I now drive "Midnight", a black SUV.
    I have friends who drive "Raven", "Fiona",
    "The Silver Mistress
    " and "Big Red".

    Do you name your car(s)?
    How did you decide on the name?

    8 comments:

    Aloha Acres said...

    I haven't named my car, but my son sure did. It's an old BMW, and he calls it "Big Mexican Woman" (get it)? Wouldn't it just be easier to call it a BMW? Boys! LOL

    SouthLakesMom said...

    I had a red toyata pick up truck when I was in law school that everyone called "Flash."

    When I was practicing law (pre kids) I drove a Beemer sports car, which ws Beemer.

    Since kids, it was the Volvo and now the Highlander. No more names. It's too painful when the kids insult it by spilling something!

    That's interesting about the women naming their cars though and referring to them as "she"...men have always referred to their ships and airplanes as female... and think of the figureheads and noseart!

    momof3girls said...

    Nope I have never named a car. I don't think I ever think of my vehicles as having personalities. I guess I lack imagination or more likely running behind as I jump into my van to go to e en think about it:)

    Kimmy said...

    No, I've never named any of my cars however, I DO see them as being a female...LOL!! I wonder if it's the fact that they've all been red, all 4 of them :O) Funny thing is, I have a lead foot. Why the heck would I buy a red car with a lead foot?! lol

    This was a cute post!

    Chatty Crone said...

    Betsy is my cars name - I am very protective of her. Don't know why I named her that.

    And that dessert in my blog - chocolate seems to cover any problems!

    Anonymous said...

    No, my poor little OLD Honda is nameless. But if I drove a BMW convertible, I'd name me Hot Mama.

    Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

    The STANG...I call her affectionately....
    but I do like Miss Mary, Mary, Blueberry!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    Unknown said...

    I've never named a car, but my husband used to drive a van he called "Aunt Huddy" and my daughter drove a Taurus named "Bridget".

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...