SWEET TEA

Friday, May 6, 2011

Dirty little secrets


You know we all have one
(or a few).



When it first happened
I felt like this.


Then like this.


I found this while shopping
when we visited our
son last week.
For $12.99  it became mine.



I wrapped it in LOTS of tissue paper
and placed it in a sack
and held it as we drove
from Georgia to Louisiana.


Then it happened -
I dropped the lid as I was
placing my "find" onto the mantle.


Boo Hoo!


Shhhhh!
Now here's the secret -


If I place the lid
"just so"
(facing the back)


it looks PERFECT
and no one would ever know
if we don't tell them. 

9 comments:

Susan said...

Genius! No one will ever know. Hmmm, I guess that's why they are called secrets. It looks great!

Robin said...

Nobody will ever know....except for ALL of the people who read this blog! LOL BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know the feeling! I have done that so many times....I'm klutzy that way. (I must learn to slow down!) But you came up with a great solution and it looks really good. Keep you eye out at garage sales and ebay for replacement lid. There's always one out there somewhere.

Kimmy said...

FABulous!!! I can't even tell in the picture. AND...I must confess...I LOVE what you did with it. Sand, seashells....Beautiful!!! I must run out and pick me up this for my house. Ya know, since I DO love the tropics!! AND...I know exactly where to get that lovely inexpensive find as well ;O) I saw it at a store (Home Goods) and gasped when I saw it and the price and just HAD to have it. Then my husband said "Not now" :o( *hmph* WHAT. EVER!

Mary said...

Wouldn't you know you would've made it all that way just to be a klutz putting it on the mantle!
Looks great...I'd never have known!

Unknown said...

You're smarter than the average bear! And I'll bet more people do this than would like to admit.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Shhhhh, your secret is safe with me sweetie. The vase looks marvelous on your mantel.

God bless and have an awesome Mother's Day weekend!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Works for me!!!!
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Beth J said...

Glad you kept the vase. Like what you put in the vase. You'll smile when you pass it, remembering...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...