SWEET TEA

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Dozen


If you want to join in the fun you can
link-up  HERE

1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?
    Odd.  Perhaps it's because I was
    born 
on an odd numbered day. 
    I take pride
in being odd in an
    unusual, creative 
sort of way.


2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?
    "9".  The fact that I don't sleep
     with my makeup on keeps me
     from being a "10", but I never
     leave home without a full face
     of makeup.  I come by it honestly
     as my 81 yr old Mother is prissy,
     and still has fan-tas-tic legs.  The
     day she stops fretting over her
     makeup is the day I'll begin to
     worry about her.

3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered
    I.Love.Me.A.Good.Party
    with Margaritas and lots of laughter!
    But NO DRUNKS allowed.

4. How lucky do you consider yourself?
    I don't believe in "luck" but I do
    consider 
myself very "fortunate". 
    Good parents, 
Good husband,
    4 children, health, etc.

   
The day I win the Lottery I will
    believe in Luck. 


5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?
     An embarassing communication malfunction.
     HERE.

6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.
    A Roller Coaster! (that was 3 words)

7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)
    I know him - he hung around with
    Andy Taylor and Opie!

 Blarney Fife



8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?

Not Very.


9. What is your favorite song this week?
    

"You Make Me Smile"
          by Uncle Cracker

10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?
      Are you kidding?
      I pick up pennies with reckless
      abandon. Doesn't everyone?

11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."

It's dark outside at this
time of night.

12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born?
       "Some Enchanted Evening" by Perry Como
       SHH!  I can hear you -"who's Perry Como?"
       He was very "hot" in a Frank Sinatra sort-of-way.

23 comments:

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! It is fun to get to know everyone better thru these questions.

until next time... nel

Anonymous said...

My mom actually bought me a Perry Como record way back in the day. I stored it right beside my Shaun Cassidy record (although he was WAY before Shaun). LOL

Kimmy said...

This was fun! I love these and I wonder why I haven't jumped on board with this one yet. Hmm...I just may have to. :o)

Mary said...

Loved your "vain" answer! Hey, I know who Perry Como is...he sang some really good Christmas songs!

SusanD said...

Oh, I loved your answers! I'm a party girl too, but no drunks allowed here either. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Lynette said...

I love those sort of things and your answers were totally great great!!

I'm pretty vain too - we're woman right??

Happy Day to you!!

SouthLakesMom said...

Love the comment about your mom. Now THAT is a daughter with the right perspective.

Roller Coaster is a good March answer!

Mom24 said...

Great answers. I love Smile. Thanks for posting it.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love the song, love Blarney Fife...it made me laugh out loud. I loved the Irish answers too....I would have to agree with you on that one...and the luck answer...the day I win the lottery...I will believe in luck. Thanks for giving me some chuckles today.

KTW said...

Good stuff! Love your creative answers. And SMILE is my fave, too! :)

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

I picked Smile, too...wouldn't it make a great praise and worship song?

Joyce said...

Oh I loved the communication miscommunication : ) That's a good one!

I know who Perry Como is...I always think Christmas when I hear his name.

Susanne said...

"Blarney Fife" cracked me right up!

Your weather is like our weather. You found the perfect words.

Cathy said...

I love to hear Perry Como.

Amy said...

I like even for the same reason you like odd...velly velly interesting. I also am a big fan of Blarney Fife...he cracks me up!!

Mocha with Linda said...

Loved the Blarney Fife answer!

And you and I were on the same wavelength with being green!

Pamela Scott said...

great answers I was laughing the whole time!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Heck, this Ozarks farm chick is old enough to remember Perry Como! I truly enjoy my read and your answers, I always go away feelin' like I know someone a little better afer reading these.

You have yourself a fantastically blessed day!!!

Mc Allen said...

loved these!!! I am soooo three and four with you!!! great post! xxoo LA

nancygrayce said...

Great answers! I'm an odd person too!

Kathy said...

Funny answers! I can tell that you have a good sense of humor! I'm well acquainted with Perry Como...LOL Kathy

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Such fun answers! I hadn't heard the Uncle Cracker song but I really liked it.

Love, love, love the name of your blog!

Jerralea said...

I enjoyed your answers. I cracked up reading about your communication malfunction!

I had never heard of Uncle Cracker but I enjoyed the song.

I love the name of your blog, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...