SWEET TEA

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oops! Communication Malfunction!

Sometimes you just need a new start,
a new beginning,
a do-over,
a place where NOBODY knows your name.
After the events of yesterday evening I find myself looking for a big hole to crawl into for at least a year or so. Know what I mean???
It began innocent enough.
Dh and I went to a party; he left early
and I stayed a bit longer. He said, "Call me when you're ready to come home and I'll come get you". An hour passed.
I called.
Priness answered the phone.
"Tell your Daddy to come and get me. I'm ready."
She mumbled something incoherant.
"Tell your Daddy to come and get me!"
More mumbling and a disconnect.
Soooo - I called my husband on his cell, "Come and get me".
He did.

Upon arriving home Princess met me at the door.
"What's going on?", she asked.

When the story finally was unraveled it seems I had been the victim of an embarassing "communication malfunction". When placing my original call it seems I had accidently pushed "Hannah" on the phone menu, rather than "Home". While I thought I was talking to Princess I was actually talking to her best friend requesting that she tell her Daddy to "come get me, cause I was ready".
Which of these looks do you think will work best for me?
OR
OR
OR
I'm not sure what a well-dressed
Witness Protection Fashionista
is wearing these days.

11 comments:

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh that was funny.

Unknown said...

That is funny! What would you have done if he'd actually showed up??

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Oops! I would go with the last look. Hair over the face, full sunglasses..that's a much better disguise.

Joyful said...

Now that's a great story!

Susan said...

Oh goodness, that is so funny. I'll bet she thought you were a nut.

Robin said...

HILARIOUS!!!! I sure hope Hannah didn't really go tell her daddy to come get you!

I think I like the first option the best...lol!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Mimi said...

That was great for a laugh!!

chocdrop said...

Good thing you made that 2nd call or you would still be there...lol

B said...

Switch it up. Wear one for a couple of days than go to the next disguise.

That is going to be one of those stories that gets told for a very long time.

Kat said...

This is too funny. I think I'd go with the last diguise. Poor Hannah must have thought you'd lost your mind!! Thanks for the big giggle this morning. Kathy

Debbie said...

Oh my word! That is too funny. I'd go with the Cousin It look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...