SWEET TEA

Monday, February 8, 2010

Kramer, my Cocka-poo-poo

Today was one of those days...

Kramer, my 15 yr old Cocka-poo-poo
poochie, is sick. 
His arthritis is acting up and
he is limping. 
A lot.

Friday I called the Vet,
then went by and picked up
additional meds to add to his
daily regime.

He did not improve.
He has had multiple "accidents"
all weekend long, which
is not like him at all.

Today he barely moved at all,
refusing to eat.
More accidents.

I called and made an appointment
at the Vet for 4:00.
My husband reminded me of all
the good years Kramer has had.
He made me promise to call him
from the Vet's office,
IF...



I cried.
On and off all day,
which is totally unlike me.
I usually have no tears,
even when I'm sad.

The time came to go to the Vet.
Kramer would not even get to
his feet to walk to the car.
I picked him up -
and he had wet himself
and was damp "underneath".

It rained all the way to the Vet.
I cried all the way to the Vet.

I saw the Vet.
Tests were run.
There was a simple explanation,
meds, and a shot.
In two days he should be up
to his old tricks.

ME?I have a serious stress headache.
I'm reminded of what my
Mother always says,
"Don't borrow trouble".
She is right.



11 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I'm so sorry you and Kramer are having a rough day! Keep your chin up! Hope tomorrow is a brighter one!

Unknown said...

I'm so relieved that Kramer wasn't put to sleep. If the doctor feels that he's going to be feeling better, then that's great because that means more time with you all.

Hang in there, Kramer. Feel better soon.

Susan said...

I am so relieved. I remember what it was like with my kitties and I know the relief you must feel. Hope the meds are the solution. Hang in there and give him a big old bloggy hug from us.

Handsome's wife said...

I happy for you and for Kramer. It sucks when our beloved pets become old. Glad it turned out okay.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad all is well with you and Kramer. Guess we can't complain if our offspring don't listen to us, when we don't always pay attention ourselves!

Cheri said...

I am so glad to hear that Kramer will be better. When I see posts such as yours I always scroll down really slow because I am so worried at what I will find at the end, in this case it was good news. So happy for you.

Kimmy said...

Awwww...I'm so sorry you were having such a rough day. Sorry about your puppers too! It's so hard when our beloved pets get older. Hopefully he'll be back and up to old tricks soon!!

*HUGS*

SusanD said...

So glad to hear Kramer (and you) will be just fine!

Your comment to me today was spot on! Thanks.

Blessings, SusanD

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh I'm so glad that Kramer will be fine! I rescued my fella at a bit of an older age (he was 7) and now he's 10 -- I can't believe how fast the time has flown and I knew that my time with him would be on the shorter side, but we're having such fun, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. Treasure your time, it's a blessing!

KTW said...

I am SO sorry you had to go through that! But I'm very relieved that Kramer will be be okay. Hang in there. Tomorrow will be better. :)

momof3girls said...

glad Kramer is going to be ok!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...