SWEET TEA

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cinderella is alive and well.


Tonight is "the" Winter Formal at Princess' High School.
It is held in a ballroom off campus.
She has her date.
She has a beautiful dress.
She also has chosen 4" glass slippers
heels to whirl about on
all evening.(??)

Now the real WORK begins:

Bathing.
(apple cider in that fancy glass)



Shaving.




Conditioning.



Shampooing.


Manicure.



Pedicure.




Curl the hair. . .

 
Style the hair.



Apply the make up.This is where I get to "step up".
I am the resident Make-up Artist.
And I'm pretty dang good,
if I do say so myself,
and I do.

Then, I slide into the front seat of my Carriage
as Cinderella and Prince Charming
slide into the back seat...
and we are off to the Ball.

Surely you didn't think I was
going to let my 15 yr old daughter
get in the car ALONE with
this guy???
I drop them at 8:00
and will be back to pick them up
at 10:30 on-the-dot!

*TOMORROW*photos of their glorious evening

8 comments:

Robin said...

So EXCITING (and nerve racking for mom!) I can't wait to see pictures!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Kimmy said...

Awwww....how fun! I never did go to my winter formal. Heck, did I even have one?? I went to my Senior Ball though. Thank goodness for that, although it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. We ended up suing the limo company. Good times!

Can't wait to see the photos :O)

Carol said...

Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Susan said...

This sounds wonderful. Looking forward to the pictures.

Unknown said...

What a special moment for her. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Kat said...

What a special evening. Looking forward to the pictures! Kathy

Unknown said...

Ahhh, your little girl is growing up! Hope you survive! Can't wait for the pictures.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I cannot wait. As a high school teacher I so love the formal events. Our Winter Ball was last weekend. The kids are always so gorgeous. Our Prom is in April. I can't wait. The Winter Ball was in the girls gym which had been magically transformed by the SGA. The prom is off campus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...