SWEET TEA

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cinderella, after the Ball

It was a magical night as girls in swirling dresses and guys in black suits went into the Ballroom at the LSUS Student Center where the Winter Formal was held. 
Beautiful. 
Every one of them. 
Young. 
Fresh faced. 
Youth-all-aglow. 

After dropping Princess and her date we parked and watched from a distance.
I. Loved. It.

As promised, here is our 15 yr. old Cinderella.



I love the back of the dress too!


Cinderella and Prince Charming


Did I mention the Winter Formal
had a "masquerade" theme?


Cinderella made her mask.
We bought a plain white mask and she
painted it black and embellished it.
She's keeping it as deco
for her bedroom.


These are her Party Slippers.
Cute, huh?
We found them at an
after Christmas sale for $5.00!!
Can you believe it?
I just can't keep a good bargain
to myself!  Don't tell her
I told you.

Yet another memorable teen time to be documented in her photo album along with other memorabilia of a happy time in the life of our Cinderella.
Now if I could just get her to do her homework and keep her room clean.
That would be more than magic; that would be a miracle!

9 comments:

Kat said...

Princess looks beautiful! I love her dress, the colors are perfect on her. And you did a beautiful job with her makeup. What a happy memory that I know you will treasure. Kathy

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

She was absolutely gorgeous. The dress was awesome...and the shoes...I adored. I am glad she had a great time at the Ball. Enjoy those Cinderella moments while you can...one day...you will be experiencing the last one...the wedding day. Then you get to play the fairy godmother for the granddaughter...and it is even better.

Carol said...

She looks so pretty in her dress. This is what memories are made of.

Smiles,
Carol

Just SO said...

Beautiful! And your comment about watching it from afar totally made me go all Footloose for a moment there.

Unknown said...

Awwww, Cinderella is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure she felt like a princess for sure! I love how she did the mask. Did she hand paint the blue design? She's got quite a talent and an eye for art.

The shoes are so cute for 5.00. What a deal!

KTW said...

Awwwwww!!! How pretty she is! And what a magical night it must have been. Such sweet memories you are helping her make. :)
And you're right. Getting the room clean and all that would definitely be a miracle at 15. ;)

Unknown said...

She looked beautiful. Hope she had a magical time.

Cheri said...

What a cute daughter and I love her dress.

Lynette said...

How lovely she looks! Love the dress and the shoes - to.die.for!! What a deal - and that will be between just us!!

I bet they had a ball!

How 'bout them Saints!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...