SWEET TEA

Friday, January 1, 2010

Girlfriend "Chit Chat"

This is simply  "chit chat" between Girlfriends.
If you were wearing your sweats and sipping diet Coke with me right now  This is what I would be telling you about. 


Doncha just LOVE this?
A friend gave this to me for Christmas.
It instantly became one of my
"Favorite Things".

Husband and I were invited to a
small Dinner Party last night.
I was asked to bring a Salad
to contribute to the meal.
 Not to say I'm lazy,
but I hate washing lettuce  
 
I was most happy to oblige. 
Everyone LOVED my salad,
and I think it was partly because it
was served from the pretty Yellow-Polka-Dot Bowl.
(mental note:  pretty dishes HELP)

Dead winter and there's NOT a good tomato to be found.  What to do?

This is what I did -
And it was DE.LI.CIOUS.

Washed.
Dried.
Torn into small pieces.



Mixed into bowl of lettuce,
just before serving.



"Sugared Pecans".
(could have been Sugared Walnuts)
*Recipe below
Added to the bowl of lettuce
and Craisins just before serving.



Drizzle onto the Salad
and mix well.
*this is what I used but probably
any type of Raspberry Vinaigrette
would be great.

As promised -
                "Sugared Pecans/Walnuts"


1/2 Cup  Sugar
1/4 t.      Cayenne Pepper
1/4 t.      Salt
1 Cup    Nuts   

Carefully melt sugar in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.  When sugar is liquid add Cayenne Pepper, Salt, and Nuts.  Stir till nuts are well coated, then transfer to a plate lined with Wax Paper coated with Cooking Spray.  When cool, break into pieces.  Store in airtight container till ready to serve.    *I made these the day before I planned to use them.

Do you need a refill on your Diet Coke?. . .
BTW, "Happy New Year, Girlfriend!"

10 comments:

KTW said...

Lovin' that polka-dot bowl! :) Yellow is one of my favorites. And that salad sounds pretty good. Might just have to give it a shot.

Carol said...

Thanks a bunch for stopping by to visit my blog! I'm following your blog now, I look forward to getting to know you in 2010.

I love your new bowl! I've always had a weakness for bowls.

That's so cute about your granddaughter praying for snow. Does she know more snow is coming on Saturday?

Unknown said...

The bowl is darling! and the salad sounds YUMMY!

Happy New Year!

Darlene said...

Thanks so much for stopping by today. That salad sounds delicious and I bet it certainly was in your new adorable bowl!! LOVE it!!

I can't believe the crazy Oklahoma weather we have had this year. We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow. There is still some snow in the shaded areas from Christmas Eve!!!!!

Hope you have a happy and blessed New Year!♥

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~Well Girlfriend~
I do really love that bowl !~ I have a "thing" for bowls.
~& that is a perfect winter salad.~
& guess what~ I don't love washing lettuce either.~"Why is that?"~

~Happy New Year !~
ooo~amy~

Kat said...

Love, love, love that bowl! And the salad sounds delicious. Will have to try that soon. Hope you have a wonderful New Year! Kathy

Cheri said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, it is nice to meet you. Now I have a new blog to follow, it is always nice to meet new folks.

Simple Home said...

It's nice to meet you. I'm an LA girl too, I'm just from the "other" LA :-) I love the name of your blog too, sweet tea is my favorite drink. I'm not a soda gal. The bowl is adorable, and the salad sounds delicious, although a trip to urgent care with one of my daughters on New Years Eve because she ate something with nuts in it, has made me be a little more aware of ingredients. She's fine though, and I can eat the salad :-) Happy New Year.
Blessings,
Marcia

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh I love, love, love craisins...Sounds yummy and the bowl is yummy, but alas I am trying to give up diet soda for this year...we'll see how far I make it.

Kimmy said...

Very sute and stylish!!! I super heart polka dots!!

As for the salad, I have to say...the best salads are the ones served WITHOUT tomatoes!! lol

Your salad looks de-lish!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...