SWEET TEA

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Can we talk?

"Can we talk?"
(If it's good enough for Joan Rivers
then it's good enough for me.)




If you're a SAHM I have good GREAT news for you!
It was reported on TV today that for all the work we do:

Cook
Clean
Childcare
Chauffeur
Garden
First Aid
etc. etc. etc.

We are worth
$172, 332.00 each year.
Now the not-so-good news, "Who is gonna pay us?"
Still we might want to remind our husbands
that we should be treated as Queens, as they
definitely can't afford us.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's time to ready up the patio.
Guess who packed the patio chair cushions away in the Fall and can't seem to find them now?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
This is just "me", so you can disagree if you must,
but I just don't understand the whole
Kentucky Derby thang.
Why is it necessary for grown men to beat on the back-side of horses while women in fancy hats and men with fists full of money, look on while drinking Mint Julips? There's just gotta be a better way to appreciate a beautiful animal and have a good time. I'm just sayin'. . .


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Still Magnolia is celebrating her 200th Post with a great Give-away at Karen's Corner. I'm feeling lucky!!
But, seeing that I am selfish a nice person, and I loathe love competition, you should go by to congratulate her and sign up for the Give-Away goodies.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Off I go to clean out and reorganize the bathroom drawers. It's not a job for the faint-at-heart. As Princess says, "don't hate me 'cause you ain't me", cause I know you wish you were getting to do the same today.

10 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Thanks for the link. Loved the SAHM comment. I was shocked when I heard that figure on the news. I went to work to make money...because of course SAHM's make none. If only!

Just SO said...

I think the government should pay us. We are raising the future of America aren't we??

Have fun cleaning out the bathroom.

B said...

I agree with the grown men on horses bit. Huh? They get PAID for that? Whatever.

What I don't agree with, beat me if you must, if the SAHM thing.

Cook, Clean, Childcare, Chauffeur, Garden, First Aid? I don't think so. I administer tylenol or apply a band aid and that's first aid? Just because some throws KD on the stove they are a chef? Driving makes them a chauffeur? The only thing I can say they get is the child care bit. So perhaps the price of a live in nanny.

So now that every SAHM is going to come and tan my hide...

Kimmy said...

Us mom's are so under appreciated.

I agree with you with the horses! Poor things :o(

Oh yeah, my next post will be my 200th also!! WOO HOO!!!

Linda said...

I'm not cleaning out and organizing bathroom drawers this morning but I am paying bills. Believe me, I'd rather be cleaning bathrooms!

Have a great day!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

The government is paying for people to sit on their hind ends, why shouldn't they pay us for being domestic goddeses? Hope you find your cushions!

Gladys said...

Tea, I'm packing and cleaning to get my booty back to Sunnybeaches and they sonofa...well you know in California. So I AM you.

momof3girls said...

good luck with the house cleaning - I hope your hubby doesn't get a bill!

Robin said...

MAN! If I could somehow find compensation for my Part-time SAHM duties....I really could be a FULL-TIME SAHM!

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin :o)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I had no idea that a person was supposed to organize bathroom drawers!!

I will have to show that to my husband, he is always saying that he is the only one who has a job around here!! I say HA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...