SWEET TEA

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Be My Guest/Kelly's Corner

Oh how we love "Kelly's Korner"
and the fun home tour we get to
participate in on Friday's.


Since we are independently wealthy we have an
entire Guest House for our guests to enjoy.
Funny, they never stay very long.
Hmmmm.


Photobucket
Ok. Ok. I know you know I'm messing with you.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This our Guest Room.
It is a work in progress, but you're certainly
welcome to take a look around.



Photobucket

Yes, the room is quite small and I've filled most
of the space with this King sized bed.
I've found that guests rather have a BIG, comfortable bed
and less foot room, than lots of foot room and a small bed.



Photobucket
This is my current project.
I was given this headboard and I am painting
it black. When I'm finished it will go into
the Guest Room.



Photobucket
Since there is not room for a bedside table on this side of the bed, I hung a small shelf (which is large enough to hold a Kleenex box and a glass), and placed a clip-on light at the edge of the shelf. The light can be used for reading. On the floor (which doesn't show in this photo) I have a round decorative hat box filled with current magazines for our guests use. Space is prime in this room since there is so little of it.


Photobucket
This little dresser is literally a God-send as I found it in the trash at the curb waiting for pick up. It had a "boo boo" on one leg which was easily fixed. Yea! Notice the Mardi Gras beads draped on the lamp. I want this room to have a New Orleans feel about it, since we live in Louisiana.


Photobucket

This is on one wall.


Photobucket
Darn! You can't tell from the photo but in the framed piece it says
"Room Service".



Photobucket
This is on the back of the Guest Room door.
It allows for hanging clothes, robes, etc.
We use the closet in the room for our personal storage, so it's not an option for our guests.




Photobucket
These are a couple of very simple to do things that I like to do when we have guests. I place both of these in the guest bathroom when we have guests. The washcloths are only used by guests so they stay "new-looking" for quite a while. The toiletries are items I've brought home from hotel rooms OR have ordered off of Ebay. That way if the guests have forgotten anything or just want to try something new they have access to this.

Thanks for stopping by.
I'll be cruising by to see your Guest Room soon.

19 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great idea with the toiletries!

Just SO said...

Beautiful Guest room!! I wish we had one. Our guest room is the pullout couch in our basement.

Judy said...

Very cute!

Michelle said...

I love the first guest...very cozy looking ! :}

Seriously though...I love your room - King size beds are the best.

Melissa said...

You've done great with the small space. Your guest will enjoy themselves. Have fun with your project.

CulyQFun said...

Found you through Kelly's Corner -

Love the idea about the wash cloths & toiletry items. I'll have to snag that one for sure.

Joy Tilton said...

Can I come for an extended visit? The room looks so nice!

AJ said...

Cute room! Love love the desk you found! Isn't that just a thrill!

Unknown said...

Love that desk!! Why can't I ever find stuff like that in the trash?

I do the same thing with the toiletries. And I put out a tray with a couple bottles of water and snacks on it (cereal bars, etc) so they don't have to go wandering through the house in the dark.

Susan said...

I love the corner shelf in the guest room. And that desk is fabulous. There just isn't any thing at all not to like about this post. Can't wait to see the head board. Yay! Susan

Debbie said...

I love it! May I come stay?

Lynn said...

You did great with the space! Love that desk! Good for you that you found it--can't believe someone would throw it in the trash--it's your treasure now!
Thank you for sharing!

joyh82 said...

What a nice space and I bet the headboard will look great when it is all finished. Love the basket idea with the toiletries.

Melissa Miller said...

It's beautiful! Love the basket of soaps for the guests. :)

Robin said...

You are just too funny!

Love the guest room and I can't wait to see the painted headboard!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Cara said...

So cute! I love the "welcome" and "guest service" signs. Where did you find them?

Ells said...

Wonderful desk, especially to find on the side of the road! Thanks for your comment... and I basically spend every day clambering back on the diet wagon, so I totally hear ya about falling off. :)

Sue said...

Wow, did you get lucky with that dresser! Your re-purposing of the headboard will really enhance that room. Make sure you post finished pics! You had some cute ideas for the guest toiletry basket, too.
:-) Sue

Helen Joy said...

That desk is beautiful! What a wonderful find!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...