SWEET TEA

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Fever

Gardening

Geez Louise, I've got a case of
Spring Fever.
For me the symptoms include:

1. A manic NEED to plan a vacation
2. The urge to pull weeds (this hardly bears mentioning as it passes quickly.)
3. A severe disdain for my white-glow-in-the-dark legs.
4. A larger than life LOVE for Lowes garden center.
5. An intense prayer life which mainly consists of
"Please God. Let me fit into last summer's clothes!".
6. A hunt through Walgreens for the perfect "pink" summer shade of lipstick & nail polish.
7. AND MY FAVORITE PART OF SPRING: new & assorted
*Flip Flops!!*

So, are you feelin' the on-set of Spring Fever?
What are your symptoms?
Inquiring minds (and nosey people) want to know.

15 comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

1,3,5,6,and7 me to a tee!! I LOVE spring hate air-conditioning!

Anonymous said...

I so need a vacation too!

Debbie said...

I was feeling very guilty about the weed pulling thing until you admitted that it passed quickly.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Our garden centers start popping up in the next week or so!! Yay!

I must be the only person who doesn't enjoy flip-flops. My lawn needs raking, not at the point worrying about weeds:)

AJ said...

I have all these symptoms! Great post...now if I could just get some sunshine soon!

Unknown said...

Not yet -- trying to get everyone better and for the rain to go away then maybe! TFS

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

My symptoms: An urge to sit outside with a mojito in one hand, a book or laptop in the other, and the children laughing as they frolic on the lawn.

mama's smitten said...

Your so funny. I can totally relate! I want a vacation too! Ecomy sucks , a Staycation will have to do!

Unknown said...

Psst, hey you! I'm looking to get accepted in the the Blogoholics group, won't you please put in a good word for me! I have some 1/2 used self tanner I could send in return.

Mimi said...

Uh, yep those sound exactly right!

Thanks for stopping by Devotional Daze, I'm glad to know people are reading.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Bring on the spring!

AJ said...

Hi there! Just got your post on my blog and had to tell you that yes, I know your daughter. She's a gret girl that I don't get to see nearly enough of and my youngest son ADORES her! Enjoy your weekend!

Mimi said...

I have really appreciated you support on my blog Devotional Daze. Do you think you could e-mail me at hoerauf@comcast.net?

MammaDucky said...

Ooooo, I'm feelin' ya big time on this one.

Joyful said...

I was hoping that the white glow in the dark legs would be in fashion this year! Oh well. One day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...