SWEET TEA

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From my heart

If you're lucky enough to have a sister
(or a brother) then don't let time pass
before you give them a BIG hug.
And if you don't live close enough to
give a hug, then pick up the phone and
give them a call. Life is short and hugs
are important.

I have one sister and she is 8 yrs younger
than me. She was diagnosed with breast
cancer at the beginning of this year.
I just got home today from visiting with
her (she lives in a different state). She
is undergoing awful chemo treatments
and has lost her hair. . .I feel both honored
and humbled to have gone with her to
pick out and buy a wig. My heart broke to
see her without her thick, curly hair. But
hope rose anew to see her fitted with a
beautiful wig that makes her as pretty on
the outside as she is on the inside. . .
Cancer is awful.
Hugs are free.
Give generously.

13 comments:

Jill of All Trades said...

Prayers and good wishes are sent your way. My siblings live close and we make it a point to tell each other we love each other and hug often.

Anonymous said...

I will add your sister to my prayers. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you are close and were able to be there for those moments. My sister and I are that close as well.

And yes, I read every single comment. I love them all!

Angela Tolsma said...

good thoughts for your sister.

babbler said...

Sending you healing thoughts for a smooth slide through chemo for your sis. I will follow your advice and call all of my loved ones immediately. I want them to hear my voice say "I love you." Happy colored thought bubbles with yellow, orange, pink and lavender are coming your way, wrapped in prayers for you and your family. Love, Mrs. Slug and all of us here at Slug's Rest.

SusanD said...

So glad you were able to visit w/your sis and help her thru that very difficult phase of treatments. Yep, it's awful! "But it's just a bump in the road." (JWW, 2006) Blessings, SusanD

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kick in the pants I needed to find my brother. We live in the same city, but he has distanced himself from the family and I've only seen him twice in about 15 years. I've recently found out where he works and just need to go by there and talk to him.

My prayers will be with you and your sister.

DeeBee said...

I'll keep your sister in my thoughts and send positive ones her way.

Handsome's wife said...

You're so right. Life is short.
I will keep positive thoughts for your sister. Good Vibes.

Unknown said...

Prayers and warm thoughts are going out to your sis and your families....I know what cancer does-

Gladys said...

Oh Honey... a great big cyber hug to both of you.

My sister and I aren't close. It breaks my heart but it is her choice.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I will be praying for your sister.

Thanks for the reminder!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I understand your feelings....since I am going through the green monster with my father. I will keep you and your sister in my prayers. I have not forgotten your CD....I just have been so tied up....will send it soon.....love you girl!

Trina said...

I've got your sister in my prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...