SWEET TEA

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Gone Crazy. Be back soon. (maybe)

When you go CRAZY
you actually get to choose your
own reality.
You should try it sometime.
It's not such a bad trip.
This is what I've chosen for my "reality" today.



Pretty cool, huh?
And I'm wild about the song I'm singin' too.

In real "mom time" I've got to go stir the Soup Pot.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Does no one have a Blog for "Slacker Cooks"?

I think once a week
I'll post one of my oh-so-special
Slacker Cook Recipes,
not for you (cause I KNOW you're no Slacker),
but just in case there are some
low-life Slacker Cooks (like me)
looking for an easy, quick way out of the kitchen,
I'm here to help.


Slacker Cooks (and you know who you are)
know to qualify as an official "Slacker Cook Recipe" it must not take any longer than 29 minutes to prepare. (Eat your heart out Rachael Ray!!) It can boil, stew, simmer, steam, bake, etc. etc. for longer, but the cook can't spend more than 29 minutes of her time stoking the pot, so to speak.

Tonight's treat is - Slacker Soup

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion (the frozen chopped kind is super quick)
3 10 oz cans Campbell's Minestrone Soup
1 16 oz can Pork & Beans
1 48 can Tomato Juice
2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 t. Garlic Powder
Brown ground beef with onion. (drain)
Add remaining ingredients.
Heat & Eat.

* If you want to get fancy prepare a box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
to serve with this;
but a real Slacker
just sets out the Cracker box
.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I one-up you on the slacker soup? I put a large can of beef stew in a pot, pour in additional cans of veggies along with their liquid (potatoes, carrots, peas, etc), maybe add in other leftover meat if it's on hand. Heat through and voila--vegetable soup. Bake some cornbread from a Jiffy mix and you're done. Though I will admit to the crackers a lot of the time, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...