SWEET TEA

Monday, February 22, 2016

Remember the date.

What a week this has been!

Repeat after me.
"What a week this has been"!


Everyone is busy and everyone has stuff to deal with.  Let's all take a nice deep breath right now.  I'm gonna tell you a little about my week and I hope to stop by your blog and read about your week as well.

I got a "call back" for a mammogram which I had two weeks previous.  Actually it wasn't a call, but instead a very impersonal letter.  I tried not to let my imagination go wild and most of the time I was able to keep any negative thoughts on the back burner, but I gotta admit the last two days before my appointment I was a hot mess and a few grains of valium was my friend.  The good news is I.Am.Fine.Thank.You.Jesus.  It had been over two years since my last mammogram and I have a history of breast cancer in my family.  DON'T BE LIKE ME!  Get those mammy's grammed!!  I left the breast center with such relief, yet at the same time I was deeply saddened knowing that others would leave that very day with bad news. There are so many brave women who look at breast cancer and take on the fight in a war not of there choosing.  I have no words to explain my thoughts when I see the situation.  My sister is one of these valiant women who have fought the tough fight(found in a routine mammogram) and WON!

I follow several of you blog Warriors who have fought (some still fighting) in this war.  I pray for you!  Linda, Bonnie, Connie, Joy,  and Sandy all come to mind.

Hey girls, I hope all of you will leave a comment saying when you had your last mammogram.  It's important to take a moment to "remember the date"! 

Sweet Tea - Feb. 2016


15 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

YES HAVE THOSE MAMMOGRAMS. I am six days away from CANCER FREE for 3 years and it was all because of a mammogram (the travelling one) that set up in a local church. That mammogram found a SPOT and within a month I had surgery, piece of breast and some lymph nodes removed and since there were some cancer cells in a node I had a following surgery on nodes a month later and NOTHING else was found. Chemo and Radiation filled up the rest of 2013 and I am on an RX for another 2 years and 10 months that reduces estrogen production (at least I think that is what it does, I hate asking questions I already have had answered). I have a mammogram every 6 months and a Doctor visit and breast exam every 6 months. It was not easy, I felt awful from May through October (chemo/radiation) - the surgeries did not make me six, just healing time stuff.

I will say I was SO glad to start pulling my life back to something like the life I had before and you can guess that I make different decisions about how to spend my time and energy than I did 'before;

Hugs

Joy

yaya said...

So happy that you're OK! I see cancer almost daily in my job. My best friend has fought this fight and won, thankful! We get free mammograms yearly from the hospital. It's part of our wellness programs. Congrats to those who are cancer free and prayers for those who are still fighting the war.

Susie said...

So glad you are alright. I can imagine how scared you may have been. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Nonnie said...

I was so relieved when I saw that you were all right. I have my mammos grammed religiously and have for the past 30 years due to the recommendation of my doctor. I have so many friends who have fought a much harder battle than me, but thank the Lord, they all came through. It's a scary thing when you receive those letters. I remember the doctor at the imaging center telling me to relax, 98% of the biopsies come back negative and she was sure mine would as well. Oops. She had to apologize the next day. Good seeing you back again these days.

Chatty Crone said...

Thrilled for you that you do not have cancer.
And all I can say is the earlier you catch it - the better off you are!!!
Sandie

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I'm due at this point....thank you, sweet friend, for the reminder to make my appointment!! Glad yours turned out well - whew, it's always nerve wracking, isn't it?

Jan said...

So glad you are alright! The very same thing happened to me last year-it turned out to be a tiny cyst that they will continue to monitor. You're right-it is a great relief!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

And I just wanted to add that I understand that horrible wait between a call back letter and being told that you were OK. So VERY happy that you got good news.
Joy

Carol said...

Thrilled that you are fine. Last year was my first and it was good. Women need to realize that it is an important step in our crazy busy lives.

Denise said...

so glad that you are ok dear.

Changes in the wind said...

A good reminder to us all. Glad all is well and yes had a mammogram this year.

nancygrayce said...

After sharing my sister's battle with breast cancer, I am very careful! Thank the Good Lord, she is past it and is doing well, but you're right, we don't need to neglect our health screenings!

Tammy said...

I get my Mammogram every October to coincide with my birthday!

White Lace and Promises said...

October is my month and it's breast cancer awareness month. I was going every 3 months and then six months because of suspicious tissue. I have very dense breasts. That wait is horrible. I've had 4 biopsies. Mama died with a horrific kind of breast cancer. Inflammatory breast cancer. I too know what it's like to walk out with a burden lifted and feel pain for those who sit beside you with tears in the eye and a husband or mother holding her hand. I've also been encouraged by people who are going through treatment or finished treatment and are grateful for life. So thankful you are okay and the report was good! Blessings my friend.

Aloha Acres said...

It's been 3 years for me. Thank you for the reminder. I'll make that appointment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...