SWEET TEA

Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Big Wall

 There's only one thing more boring than a big blank wall - a big, blank, BEIGE wall.  I've been looking at the big, blank, beige wall, in the living room, for six months, waiting to be inspired. "Sunrise.  Sunset.  Quickly go the days..."  Anyone remember that great ol' tune from "Fiddler on the Roof"?  Finally I did what lots of people do when they're looking to be house-inspired, I went to the Houzz app and searched for "photo walls".  So many visuals.  Love it!  (Not an advertisement for Houzz)

With their inspiration, this is what I did.
I thought it was a good start.  
The wall still has room to grow with more photos and such, and I can move on to another project for now.  For some reason, unknown to me, I find the most difficult things to decorate are my walls.  Maybe it's because I have the attention span of a gnat and get bored so easily, so it's difficult to decide on what I want to look at every day.

Nest project:  Deciding which photos to put into all these frames.

What are you doing to fill the winter days?
Reading, Crafting, TV watching,
Home projects, or dreaming of Spring?


11 comments:

Susie said...

Big blank walls are a snooze..You are doing well getting it started...I bet you'll add a few things thru time.:) My mother was the worse to hang pictures. I laughed one time when I was pulling a nail out of her living room wall...OMG it was about 3 inches long. I asked if she had another picture hanging from the other end on the kitchen wall. :) Miss that crazy decorator. Hope you all are doing well. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I have been having such a hard time hammering into my walls in my new house also - I'm finally getting braver and have been 'nesting' a little this winter. I even hung some hooks by my kitchen door yesterday so my sweetie has a place to hang his coat when he comes over for dinner! Nice job on the wall - it looks great!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

I'm so bad at deciding what to put on a wall... You did a great job with the wall and I like that you still have room for future "inspiration' and photos.
I've been trying to get inspired to sit down at my sewing machine this winter but so far, way to many "real" chores have taken up my time... like a leaking roof :-(
Happy New Year!
xo jj

Mary said...

I have a big empty wall behind my couch in the living room, and it's been that way for 11 years! So, I'd say you're on top of things for getting something done after only 6 months!

marejohn said...

I like to call my non-decorating as "minimalism" ;) I think your wall looks FAB!

Latane Barton said...

I'm keeping up with my blogger friends. I scrapbook and I love that. I read. I may even sew a little today and I journal. That's besides all the nasty stuff like housecleaning and doing laundry.

Jill said...

Looks great! I'm definitely dreaming about Spring..... lol

Blessings,
Jill

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh I love it! My daughter and SIL have a wall gallery very similar to this. I have pictures, I'll have to find and show again.

Linda said...

I love your wall! I think I'd like decorating more if I had unlimited funds. I am still trying to paint one of our bedrooms.....I've been at a standstill for about 2 weeks, it seems like something always come up.

Alicia@eco Friendly Homemaking said...

Your wall looks great! You did such a nice job on it. So glad to have discovered your blog!

Jackie See said...

I love your sign! I'm with you about the long bath, so relaxing. This afternoon I made chocolate caramel brownies, a Delicious treat served warm with a big glass of cold milk. What a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...