SWEET TEA

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Make it Happen

I'm so "not-a-winter-kinda-girl".
This is the time of year I refer to as "the bowels of winter".  Nuff' said.

I bought this little plaque at a few weeks ago and placed it in the living room.  It's been a great reminder and has really "inspired" me.  Love it!  I've even been making a point to ask Mister about his "happy" each day.

  "A merry heart doeth good as a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones".  Need a little mid-winter lift?  Give this a try.  You have it within you to make it happen every day.

Some of my "happy" things have been:
A Warm Bath (rather than a hurried shower)
A BIG Brownie w/frosting
Spying a Deer nearby
Good news via a phone call
etc. etc.

What was your "Happy" for today?
Your "happy" may give us encouragement.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

My happy for today was: A tall glass of chocolate milk that I didn't share with the kids, a little time before everyone woke up to read and prepare for the day, and cuddles on the couch with a few of my little ones :)

I like your sign! And your brownie sounds wonderful :)

Linda said...

My happy was staying in my gown until 2:00 this afternoon!!
AND sitting here in the gazebo tonight to blog listening to the sound of the water fall Louis Dean cleaned out, filled and running again!!

Linda said...

My happy for today was waking up and having some ambition. l headed to a couple of thrift stores and found something in each one....good? or bad? I am not a winter person either....altho it looks pretty.

Jackie See said...

Blogger is being weird tonight! I agree that a nice long bath is a special treat! I also made chocolate caramel brownies served with a cold glass of milk, it was delicious! Love the sign and I think it's a great idea to recall the good things throughout our everyday!

Sylvia said...

My 'happy' today is having lunch with my oldest and first grandchild when he gets out of his classes. He is in College and works also, so it's hard to find time to get together.

Tammy said...

You know this is something I need to work on, I get so wrapped up in appointments and getting it all done I don't take time for myself. Thanks for the reminder. Hugs!!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

My happy for today will be a martini after work....with a twist!! :)

Nonnie said...

You know, I don't think I've done my happy yet today! So I will say it made me happy that I accomplished so much today. I have felt somewhat the slackard the past couple of days. (I did eat two chocolate chip cookies, so that might turn out to be my happy!) I like your sign and I love it when I see a deer.

Mary said...

GOOD for you for doing something happy every day! For me, my cup of coffee every morning is my happy. :)

arkie said...

I like that sign! Great reminder! Sometimes it is just the little things that make your day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...