SWEET TEA

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Oh, Jane. Look, look, look.

Five months.
That's how long we've lived in our house.
I'm still working on getting things put on the walls.

Today I got serious about it.

Look what I did!
It doesn't look like a lot of work,
but it was.
It's hard to get everything lined up and even, doncha know?!  These prints aren't new.  I had them in our previous home.  They're my favorite group of photos (other than family ones).

Do you remember these characters?




If you're of  a "certain age" you probably remember these as your first Reader.  What a joy it was to finally be able to read a story on my own!  These pictures bring back memories of little chairs pulled together to make a reading circle.  Remember?  

These are my "happy pictures".
AND, speaking of happy,
I hope you have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!







7 comments:

Susie said...

Sweet Tea, I love your prints. Yes, I remember Dick and Jane...their baby sister Sally, Puff the cat and Spot the dog. :):) I always loved those books. Getting settled into a home is hard. Finding places for all you used have in places...is my big thing...even now, after all these years here, I still can't remember where I had to put things. LOL Blessings to you and yours, xoxo,Susie

Nonnie said...

I love the memories of sitting around in those little chairs reading such exciting stuff as Dick and Jane did. My group was called the Blue Racers! Getting pictures up and in the right place are a job and after being here 12 years, I still haven't hung the family pictures. I never could find the right place as I had in the old house. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bobbie said...

I love them! This takes me back many years. Many, many, many years... and I like that.

Wild Oregonian said...

I just love this. Glad you got them just right!

Anonymous said...

Looove your prints. They're amazing!

xx Anna | Annacdotes and Insannaty

yaya said...

I do remember those! I love to read and those were my first! Sometimes you need to live in a space for a bit before you get the feel of where everything goes and how to decorate it. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I have been in my house 7 months now (wow, that flew by!) and I still have a lot of things I haven't hung up yet!! These are wonderful prints and yes, I certainly remember this book!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...