SWEET TEA

Friday, November 20, 2015

OCD Girl Scout

Ok, so I'm a little OCD.
I like to call it "being prepared",
I was once a Girl Scout, ya know!
(We order a pre-cooked, smoked Turkey, so we must buy broth.)

I love the fact that many stores are going to be closed on Thanksgiving.  I never (and have never) shopped on Thanksgiving, or the day after, for that matter.  Not judging anyone, just saying that I  like the idea of people getting to spend their holiday time as they want.  However, it seems that every year there is something that I must send Mister to the store for early on Thanksgiving Day - something I've forgotten.  I hate it but I do it.  This year I'm trying to label things to avoid this holiday blunder.

What about you?
Is there something that usually requires a last minute run to the store?  If so, what?  (You're among friends, so you can tell us.)  

To answer my own question - extra ICE is one of the common things I forget.

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I hear you- It is usually MILK milk for us! xo Diana! lol

Nonnie said...

I always forget at least one item and have to keep an ongoing list. He doesn't mind running to the store for me, but usually I don't discover it until I'm in the middle of the recipe! Then I'm on Google trying to find a substitute! Happy Thanksgiving to you! I'm glad you have all your ducks in a row this time! Or, at least, your broths!

Handsome's wife said...

Nope, I go with that if I forgot it then we really don't need it and I just enjoy the day. No stress is best.

Susie said...

I love it..LOL. Looks like a lot of cooking is going to be going on there. Hope your family is well and coming home for dinner Thanksgiving. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Jane said...

Ice for us, too!

Jane said...

Ice for us, too!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Ha ha you're almost as anal as I am - I love it!!

My sister hosts Thanksgiving and many times she would ask me to pick up cranberry sauce on my way....it was a mental block with her because most of her family doesn't care for it!

I have made my own for the past few years (recipe is on my blog) so it's no longer an issue - we always have plenty!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family -

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...