SWEET TEA

Friday, January 2, 2015

Too many lemons in the Sweet Tea!

This is one of the things my sister gave me for Christmas - she knows I love all things pertaining to "Sweet Tea"


Love these napkins!

It does seem we spent the holiday season dodging lemons and trying to "Make Merry" the best we could.  These napkins were perfect!

I was still recovering from my angry colon pre-Thanksgiving bout of illness when we made our pre-Christmas trip to Oklahoma.  Tho my energy was a bit lacking, the fun with our family made up for it. I handled the trip well.  One always hopes fun will trump feeling sick, and it did!

A few days after getting home our sweet little HK got terribly sick with a nasty virus and spent an evening in the ER with "severe dehydration". 
Our sweet girl went almost 24 hrs with no wet diaper.  It took her about five days to feel well again.

Fast forward 24 hours and Christmas Eve found Lil' Mama and her Fiance both in the ER being treated for the same nasty virus.

We were all pretty much elated, thrilled, ecstatic, happy to kick 2014 to the curb and welcome in a bright New Year!

Sweet Tea, anyone?
Absolutely no lemons allowed!

So thankful for God's healing hand which has delivered us from illness and brought us "whole, hearty, and healthy" into 2015!

* * * * * * * * * * * * 
*Let the record show that our Son and DIL both became ill while on their dream trip to Paris during the Christmas holiday AND our Tulsa daughter had emergency oral surgery during the same time frame.  Son and DIL are home now and feeling better.  Tulsa daughter is on week 3 of pain meds but is recovering, albeit slowly









18 comments:

Sylvia said...

There is no good time to be 'sick' especially not at Christmas! So good to hear you are all on the mend.

Cheri said...

Wow...your family got hit hard, Debbie. Hope 2015 is much better year all the way around for all of you. Happy 2015!

Linda said...

Yikes, all that illness etc. Absoulty no lemon, loveeee sweeeeeeeeeetttttttt tea. Hope 2015 is better for you. Blessings

Jeanie said...

It sounds like this will be a Christmas that your family will remember. I am glad everyone is getting better and I hope 2015 brings health and happiness to you and all your family.

Rhona said...

So sorry to hear about all the illness in your family over Christmas. We know only too well what that was like as we had a stomach bug that went round the whole family from just before Christmas to New Year!

Karen Whittal said...

Nothing worse than your children being sick all you want to do is take the pain away...... and in your case you did..... hope your feeling better soon happy 2015

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those napkins are adorable! Poor baby in the hospital and then her mama & fiance too....so sorry. And then the other's who also became ill...OMG! Definitely good-bye to 2014.

Susie said...

Dear, you will be so happy when everyone is brand new again. I hope it all leaves your house soon. I told my Teddy, that I was scared to get the flu this year...seems to be turning into pneumonia. Please take care of yourself. Blessings to your family and you. xoxo,Susie

marejohn said...

Oh my dear. I have wondered how you were doing as you usually kick out a new post even when down.
I pray you are all on the road to health! Hope mom is well and the Mr. too. Think enough people have "had it" at your house and am hoping that if someone hasn't been sick that they dodge that bullet.
Happy 2015 to you and all you love.

yaya said...

This has been the worst flu season. Schools were closing early because of it and everyone hopes Christmas break will have helped. Glad everyone is better! Happy New Year!

Linda said...

Good GRIEF!!! You really made a lot of lemonade!!!
Prayers your 2015 is HEALTHIER for all of you!!

Aloha Acres said...

Yikes! Praying 2015 brings you much health and happiness. What a way to bring in the New Year. :(

arkie said...

Pray the new year brings you fewer lemons and more sweetness!

Nonnie said...

What in the world was with it over the holidays with all the sickness? You have got it bad and I'm so sorry to hear all this news, but I'm with you on putting 2014 with these troubles and trials behind and saying hello 2015 you're gonna be good! Blessings to you guys!

Jill said...

My goodness! I hope everyone is feeling much better!! Love those napkins so cute!! Have a very happy New Year!!

Blessings,
Jill

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Mercy me you had your hands full. I hope every one is on the road to recovery. Happy New Year.

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh my! You've all had a time with that nasty stuff. I sure hope you'll all soon to completely recovered. Bless you, my dear.

Margie said...

Hope the New Year finds you all doing well.
Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...