SWEET TEA

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Going Places


Such a busy day here in the Bayou, since we'll be traveling to Okla tomorrow.  Can't wait to see everyone, but if you've been following me you understand that I hate, despise, abhor, dislike traveling. Still, it will be worth it to see everyone.  Gonna have mega celebrations this weekend as we party down for our oldest daughter, Amy's birthday, HK's family party, and a baby shower for our little grand niece who is scheduled for arrival next month.  Lots of "happy" goin' on in our midst.


Last week I mentioned that I was gonna try a new brand of hair color.  I did.  This afternoon I'm gonna have to redo my roots, with my tried & true Loreal hair color.  The new hair product colored my hair nicely, EXCEPT for my gray roots, which turned a VIBRANT neon orange.  When Lil' Mama first saw my freshly colored hair she asked if I had been outside and got a sunburn on my scalp.
NOPE.

I must confess that today is sunny, with a gorgeous blue sky and temps nearing 70.  Perfect day for taking Mom to the beauty shop and meeting a friend for lunch.  The day will become wildly busy after that and I probably will "burn the midnight oil" and fall asleep fatigued, but til then I'm gonna enjoy this beautiful day.

Hope your day is wonderful
and perhaps a little slower paced than mine.

11 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope all goes well with your hair today. Enjoy your day and have a great trip....sounds like fun!

Tammy said...

Oh my, you see that is why I never color my own hair. I have almost black hair, with natural silver highlights(wink) and my hair doesn't take color easily, so I'd be afraid I'd be neon green or something. You are a brave woman to do it yourself!! Have a good trip and a lot of fun and safe travels my friend!! Hugs.

Mari said...

Aaagh! Sorry about the hair!
Hope the trip goes well. I know you'll have a great time once you get there.
2 degrees here this morning...

Susie said...

Well once you get to where you are going, sounds like fun things are planned. Be safe, xoxo,Susie

Linda said...

At least you TRIED with the hair color!! I sometimes have a hard time getting my GRAY to turn BLONDE in places!
Have fun on your trip! I DO remember that you do NOT like to travel!!
We leave in the morning for Fort Worth and will head south to LD's son's ranch after lunch. I DO love a road trip!!!

Miss Dishywoo said...

So sorry about the hair. I almost always use Nice n Easy and I really like it. I had my hair turn orange once, too, and it was with a different brand - Garnier, maybe? Oh well, one time out of at least a hundred probably isn't bad. It corrected after I washed it with strong shampoo and then used a box of Nice n Easy. I know a lot of people say not to color your hair at home, but I have no complaints. I have had my hair colored at the salon a few times, and I never like it as much or receive as many compliments as my do-it-yourself jobs. My hair always feels soft and looks smoother and shinier after coloring. I always use the conditioner that comes in the box after I color. Just my two cents worth about hair coloring. Hope you can get your hair the way you want it - I am sure you will. Can't wait to hear about the parties.

Jeanie said...

I hope you get your hair the way you want it before your trip. I have never had much luck with coloring my own hair.
Have a wonderful trip and enjoy all the parties and great family time.

yaya said...

I'm a Loreal girl too...love Feria. I have had it done in the salon and even had highlights done in Jan. But I'll probably continue to do my own most of the time. I had to laugh at the previous post about Kale chips...I hate them too! I was just saying to somebody today that I'd rather never eat a chip of any kind than to have to eat those..icky! Have a fun trip. I'm sure it will be great and I hope you have wonderful weather ..it's been such a crazy weather year!

Cheri said...

Oh Debbie, I am like you...love to see family but am hating the traveling part. Enjoy your family time.

Beth J said...

Coloring your own hair is definitely a family thing...have done my own for years & am completely satisfied with the results & the price. Also, it's handy because then I can do it at home, saves me a trip out & I don't ever need an appointment. Several people in the office I worked in until recently paid the big bucks to get theirs done, results about the same. Enjoy your trip!

Joyce said...

Hope the hair repair went well : ) Enjoy your travels and time with family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...